Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I'm considering having my 97 ranger shipped out there from Denver. It's only a 9-10 hour drive, but I'm too afraid it'll break down along the way. Not willing to miss my class date on a gamble like that. I really do want the peace of mind knowing that I can drive myself around during the stay though.
Yeooooo you got a shit box ranger too??? 4 banger or 3.0?

Do you need to show proof of hotel stays?
Yes. You turn in your receipts. They also refund you for any toll fees you have.

They only pay you up to the price of a plane ticket. A plane ticket at the gov rate which is pretty high
Not anymore. They changed it due to covid

I will be driving from Cleveland, Ohio.
I drove here from CLE as well! I drove to St Louis and stayed in a hotel there then continued on to OKC the next day

We gotta be! I'm not really sure why I got 10/2 for day one online, but either way I figured it's probably the basic onboarding stuff and the real material begins on Monday either way. I also submitted a request to Kim's.
I agree. I wonder how many are in our class. Do you know how long basics is?

Anyone else from New York or further east considering driving to Oklahoma or am I just an idiot?
I’m from Long Island. It would be nice to have freedom with my own car. I’m on the fence about it.

They keep changing it for COVID. When I went, they paid for gas and lodging to OKC but not to my facility
Once you know your facility, what’s the timeline like on when you report to work? How do you arrange moving?

Once you know your facility, what’s the timeline like on when you report to work? How do you arrange moving?
You get about a week from choosing facility until report date. You'll get some paid time to use for moving related things, but otherwise its pretty much on you. I think they are covering travel to your home of record or new assignment similar to how they reimburse you for traveling to OKC for your classes, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

You get about a week from choosing facility until report date. You'll get some paid time to use for moving related things, but otherwise its pretty much on you. I think they are covering travel to your home of record or new assignment similar to how they reimburse you for traveling to OKC for your classes, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

When I was there last year they give you the price of a plane ticket going home or to your new facility, whichever is closest. No mileage going home like you get when going to OKC

You get travel days from OKC but unless you’re going OCONUS, it’s usually not more than 3 days. You then receive 8 change of station days that you can use within 2 years of placement for moving related expenses.

Officially you have your travel days(facility dependent) and you can use your provided 8 days of change of station.
In reality, it's up to the the training manager of your facility. For example, I was told I could use any combination of COS, annual leave, or leave without pay and get to my facility whenever, but have to use a form of personal leave. Others my not let you take annual or leave without pay.

Officially you have your travel days(facility dependent) and you can use your provided 8 days of change of station.
In reality, it's up to the the training manager of your facility. For example, I was told I could use any combination of COS, annual leave, or leave without pay and get to my facility whenever, but have to use a form of personal leave. Others my not let you take annual or leave without pay.
They can’t deny the COS and it doesn’t count weekends so everyone should get a at least 2 weeks. I’d be surprised if anyone would deny your use of annual

Back
Top Bottom