Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ATCEXP-66595

Just looking to get a little feedback in regards to some timelines with hiring. I got my TOL on this bid and have been dragging my feet through the hiring process since my wife and I are expecting a baby. I’m in a comfortable spot right now with a contract tower so I’m wanting to wait until after the baby comes to move. Wife is due at the very end of June so I’m essentially 3 months out from the baby being born. The last thing for me to accomplish is my MMPI. My question is this, what potential timeline could I expect if I complete the MMPI this month? How long after that would could I potentially see a list and then from there how long to get placed? I appreciate any help and feedback.

Just looking to get a little feedback in regards to some timelines with hiring. I got my TOL on this bid and have been dragging my feet through the hiring process since my wife and I are expecting a baby. I’m in a comfortable spot right now with a contract tower so I’m wanting to wait until after the baby comes to move. Wife is due at the very end of June so I’m essentially 3 months out from the baby being born. The last thing for me to accomplish is my MMPI. My question is this, what potential timeline could I expect if I complete the MMPI this month? How long after that would could I potentially see a list and then from there how long to get placed? I appreciate any help and feedback.
Really no right answer, it varies. For me personally, I found out I was cleared in August ‘18. I didn’t receive a list till November ‘18. No one has been able to figure out who or what determines when you get a list

My timeline looked like this: 26 oct 2020 MMPI, 28 dec 2020 cleared everything, 27 January 2021 received list, I asked for a date 7 months out instead of the standard 1-2/3 months they have you pick out of, 5 feb 2021, they approved my request so I don’t start training til end of august this year

My timeline looked like this: 26 oct 2020 MMPI, 28 dec 2020 cleared everything, 27 January 2021 received list, I asked for a date 7 months out instead of the standard 1-2/3 months they have you pick out of, 5 feb 2021, they approved my request so I don’t start training til end of august this year
I appreciate the response. Curious about how you were able to request a date a ways out, did you have to provide details explaining your circumstance or is this something that they’ll generally cater to without much explanation? If I’d be able to do something similar, that would be ideal as I want to just get my pre-employment stuff wrapped up and the be able to start at a facility sometime closer to autumn.

I appreciate the response. Curious about how you were able to request a date a ways out, did you have to provide details explaining your circumstance or is this something that they’ll generally cater to without much explanation? If I’d be able to do something similar, that would be ideal as I want to just get my pre-employment stuff wrapped up and the be able to start at a facility sometime closer to autumn.
So the first email I sent them was detailed but they didn’t care. Said something along the lines of “just tell me what date you want, if we can do it then you’ll have it, if we can’t do it then you still have the original dates to choose from”. Second email I sent just said “I am requesting 15 august 2021”

Soooo anyone know what happens if the last person to get cleared doesn’t have any people to get a list with? Asking for a friend?

Soooo anyone know what happens if the last person to get cleared doesn’t have any people to get a list with? Asking for a friend?
The next bid is pretty close to having people cleared. Probably get thrown in with them.

Did you get actual confirmation that you were cleared and just waiting for a list? I completed my MMPI about five weeks ago now and that was my final pre-employment item and I haven’t gotten any update since. Every time I email HR, they say that results are forwarded to the medical office so they can’t confirm receipt. Just seems like a long time to not hear anything at all.

Did you get actual confirmation that you were cleared and just waiting for a list? I completed my MMPI about five weeks ago now and that was my final pre-employment item and I haven’t gotten any update since. Every time I email HR, they say that results are forwarded to the medical office so they can’t confirm receipt. Just seems like a long time to not hear anything at all.
Yep, found out in December I was medically cleared. Took probably 4-6 weeks after MMPI. My delay was with my security clearance. Had to send some extra documents in. While it was going on I got a new HR rep and security rep. So HR never got word about my security clearance coming back from the adjudicator. Long story short my new HR rep said she sent my stuff to the ATO I think 6 weeks ago now. Have you emailed the medical people directly? I did twice. The first time the response basically told me to shut up and wait. The second time they responded at like 10 on a Saturday night saying I had been cleared since Dec. I think it all depends on who sees you email

Yep, found out in December I was medically cleared. Took probably 4-6 weeks after MMPI. My delay was with my security clearance. Had to send some extra documents in. While it was going on I got a new HR rep and security rep. So HR never got word about my security clearance coming back from the adjudicator. Long story short my new HR rep said she sent my stuff to the ATO I think 6 weeks ago now. Have you emailed the medical people directly? I did twice. The first time the response basically told me to shut up and wait. The second time they responded at like 10 on a Saturday night saying I had been cleared since Dec. I think it all depends on who sees you email
I’ll have to try reaching out to the medical people directly. I’m not in any big rush (clearly, it’s been almost a year now) but I’m just wanting to make sure things are still moving along and that there isn’t any further action required on my part. Sounds like I’m still within a fairly normal amount of time though to hear anything back after the MMPI so that’s good I guess.

Submitted! Here’s to a long wait. But excited to finally be well within the 120 day window.
Congrats. I remember that feeling. One piece of paper said if I was active duty military, I had a year to complete all medical, but then another said it had to be a 120 day window. When you finally get to leave the military and join the FAA...the grass IS greener, my friend. It's super, super green. Like blinding green. Welcome.

I’ll have to try reaching out to the medical people directly. I’m not in any big rush (clearly, it’s been almost a year now) but I’m just wanting to make sure things are still moving along and that there isn’t any further action required on my part. Sounds like I’m still within a fairly normal amount of time though to hear anything back after the MMPI so that’s good I guess.
Have you heard anything? They told me yesterday that I’d like left a list the end of next month

Back
Top Bottom