Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Oof anyone else severely limited in test day options? My closest center has literally 1 day and 1 time in December.

Anyone know if additional test times may be added or is this it?

Anyone else gonna be using Jobtestprep? Figure you can’t really study for the ATSA, but might as well try to gain any advantage you can while we wait for the test date.
I got the 3 month study guide right after I sent in my application. I’d read from some folks out of previous bids, that they felt the study guide (specifically from JobTestPrep) helped them to get Best Qualified. I‘m taking that with a huge grain of salt, but I definitely feel like it‘s worth familiarizing yourself with.

Someone in this thread said their stats for the ATC simulation were like 60-70% on collision avoidance and 40-50% on reroute efficiency. That totally got me out of my head, cause those are my exact stats, but I’ve felt like I’m doing terrible every time I give it a try. If I went in blind on the day of the test, I’d probably get so disheartened by that one portion alone. I only revisit it like once or twice a week though.

I got the 3 month study guide right after I sent in my application. I’d read from some folks out of previous bids, that they felt the study guide (specifically from JobTestPrep) helped them to get Best Qualified. I‘m taking that with a huge grain of salt, but I definitely feel like it‘s worth familiarizing yourself with.

Someone in this thread said their stats for the ATC simulation were like 60-70% on collision avoidance and 40-50% on reroute efficiency. That totally got me out of my head, cause those are my exact stats, but I’ve felt like I’m doing terrible every time I give it a try. If I went in blind on the day of the test, I’d probably get so disheartened by that one portion alone. I only revisit it like once or twice a week though.
That was me lol.

I still have not improved one bit on that section. It’s hard as hell.

But honestly, I’m not gonna sweat it. I feel way more comfortable with the memory, variable and spatial/visual relationship games, so I’ll keep practicing that to make sure I ace those sections.

Reading comprehension shouldn’t be too bad either, but since our brains will be fried by the time we get to that section near the end of the test, who knows. ??‍♂️

As far as the logic section, there’s nothing logical about it. That’s prob my worst section, even worse than the collision sim. God have mercy on our souls.

That was me lol.

But honestly, I’m not gonna sweat it. I feel way more comfortable with the memory, variable and spatial/visual relationship games, so I’ll keep practicing that to make sure I ace those sections.

Reading comprehension shouldn’t be too bad either, but since our brains will be fried by the time we get to that section near the end of the test, who knows. ??‍♂️

As far as the logic section, there’s nothing logical about it. That’s prob my worst section, even worse than the collision sim. God have mercy on our souls.
Yup! Reading comprehension and logic are very much along the lines of “What’s the most correct answer?” Everybody’s favorite.

Just got mine too!

Just got mine too!
" geographic area preferences are for informational purposes only and will not be used in the selection process; however, preferences may be considered at time of placement. Facility placements will be finalized the day following successful completion of Academy training. Declining to select a facility from the list of available facilities will result in termination of employment, as placement will be based upon the needs of the FAA. " question I applied in July and forgot if this was in the application? If not where would we do this or would it be (if) when we graduate from the academy ?

Oof anyone else severely limited in test day options? My closest center has literally 1 day and 1 time in December.

Anyone know if additional test times may be added or is this it?
I’ve known people that have had to go 7 hours to take the AT-SA. Best of luck.

" geographic area preferences are for informational purposes only and will not be used in the selection process; however, preferences may be considered at time of placement. Facility placements will be finalized the day following successful completion of Academy training. Declining to select a facility from the list of available facilities will result in termination of employment, as placement will be based upon the needs of the FAA. " question I applied in July and forgot if this was in the application? If not where would we do this or would it be (if) when we graduate from the academy ?
The FAA doesn't care about your geographic preference.

good luck to you guys!

I def recommend getting jobtestprep.com

I also got atcprep.com

That was me lol.

my brain was so fried after I took the ATSA. I think I used 3.5 hours total but I took many many breaks in between sections.

I literally sat in my car for like 45 minutes to just sit there & not think before I went back home.

Just making sure again, if i were to use our last bid's score, I don't have to do anything, correct? I can just ignore the scheduling e-mail?

Just making sure again, if i were to use our last bid's score, I don't have to do anything, correct? I can just ignore the scheduling e-mail?
Correct. Scores are good for 3 years. If you got a BQ last time you tested and it was less than 3 years ago, I’d suggest leaving well enough alone.

Back
Top Bottom