Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

I just spoke to HR. They are done sending out TOLs for this bid..
Were you able to ask and find out what factors led to not receiving one bro? If you were not labeled not eligible, I wonder if it was just a luck of the draw “we picked this application over yours at the end of the day” type deal

Were you able to ask and find out what factors led to not receiving one bro? If you were not labeled not eligible, I wonder if it was just a luck of the draw “we picked this application over yours at the end of the day” type deal
yes, they said military gets preference ( which I totally understand) and then said after that with the remaining spots they have left to fill, it’s basically random/ luck of the draw.

yes, they said military gets preference ( which I totally understand) and then said after that with the remaining spots they have left to fill, it’s basically random/ luck of the draw.
I wonder why I didn’t get one being military then. 2 months left on my contract.

I wonder why I didn’t get one being military then. 2 months left on my contract.
I heard someone say you technically have to have been discharged already to get veterans preference. No idea If that’s true(I was never in the military) but could explain it?

I heard someone say you technically have to have been discharged already to get veterans preference. No idea If that’s true(I was never in the military) but could explain it?
Yeah it’s crazy because this is the 3rd time I’ve applied. Had TOL’s the first 2 times, timing wasn’t right those times and now the timing was perfect

Still waiting on a confirmation from HR that they received my acceptance.
Spoke with HR rep and informed the contract team is slowly going through and reviewing them, could take multiple days before we get verification.I was told by my rep if no confirmation email is received by Friday to just call them then and they would reach out and take care of it.

I've been given TOLs 3 times by the FAA at this point. If anyone didn't get a TOL and wants some advice on their resume to get one on the next bid, DM me. I'll try to help you out.

My TOL said “ Enroute “ specialty. Does anyone know if I’ll be offered only Enroute facilities... btw only FAA experience is 3+ years CPC Enroute
Curious to see as well, never noticed that before. I have multiple Radar ratings so have the terminal speciality code. Wonder if they preference will be more like type facilities offered. Anyone care to weigh in?

Curious to see as well, never noticed that before. I have multiple Radar ratings so have the terminal speciality code. Wonder if they preference will be more like type facilities offered. Anyone care to weigh in?
What kind of radar do you have?

Rapcons are viewed as terminal radar experience so you should expect to see up downs and potentially standalone tracons on your list.
Thanks for the info ?? Friends from the same place have had at least some 8&9 tracons on theirs with only the one rapcon to show. So who knows luck of the draw, just happy to have a foot in the door!

Back
Top Bottom