Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ALLSRCE-79187

I sent my fingerprints on 05/03. They were delivered the following morning and I haven't received the second email yet either. The second email will contain instructions on completing the eQuip security clearance information. There is a forum on here all about the security clearance process.
Thank you for your response! I guess they are just really busy right now. When's your 60 day up? I'm assuming as long as we got MMPI, Medical, Drug Screen, and Security started it doesn't really matter if our 60 day is up right?

Thank you for your response! I guess they are just really busy right now. When's your 60 day up? I'm assuming as long as we got MMPI, Medical, Drug Screen, and Security started it doesn't really matter if our 60 day is up right?
My 60 day deadline is 06/30. I took my MMPI three weeks ago, but I haven't gotten the results back yet. I have my medical scheduled for 06/26 and I would assume my drug screen will be shortly after that. It's my understanding that as long as you set up the appointments as directed before the deadline you will be okay. I emailed both my HR Rep and Aerospace Medicine asking that question (because my drug screen will most likely happen after 06/30) and they sent a generic response that didn't acknowledge the actual question. So, I don't really know but I think it would be unreasonable for people to complete everything within 60 days, mostly because the system as a whole is very slow and they are handling a high volume of applicants. If there is anything I've learned so far in this process, it is to hurry up and wait.

My 60 day deadline is 06/30. I took my MMPI three weeks ago, but I haven't gotten the results back yet. I have my medical scheduled for 06/26 and I would assume my drug screen will be shortly after that. It's my understanding that as long as you set up the appointments as directed before the deadline you will be okay. I emailed both my HR Rep and Aerospace Medicine asking that question (because my drug screen will most likely happen after 06/30) and they sent a generic response that didn't acknowledge the actual question. So, I don't really know but I think it would be unreasonable for people to complete everything within 60 days, mostly because the system as a whole is very slow and they are handling a high volume of applicants. If there is anything I've learned so far in this process, it is to hurry up and wait.
I agree. Thank you for sharing your experience of the whole process. Glad to know I'm not alone on this. Wish you luck!

When I received my class date email it stated I was terminal. I emailed to ask about any possibility to switch to En Route and was told “Unfortunately, we are required to place students in classes that are available at the time of their clearance”. I just received my FOL with the exact same class dates, but it states En Route. The dates are; Basics - 7/11, Academy 8/14 - 11/6.

Based on the FAQ page initial tower is 37 days, initial En Route is 60 days. So my dates would indicate this is an En Route class, or am I missing something?

When I received my class date email it stated I was terminal. I emailed to ask about any possibility to switch to En Route and was told “Unfortunately, we are required to place students in classes that are available at the time of their clearance”. I just received my FOL with the exact same class dates, but it states En Route. The dates are; Basics - 7/11, Academy 8/14 - 11/6.

Based on the FAQ page initial tower is 37 days, initial En Route is 60 days. So my dates would indicate this is an En Route class, or am I missing something?

I wouldn't say NOTHIN man

I finally have my dates for Enroute. Basics 8/09/2023 and Academy 9/13/2023. Anyone else get these dates?

The email you once all you have cleared everything. In the email it states either terminal or en route, and the projected online basics dates and projected academy dates. It just varies how quickly you hear back. I received CIL end of March and completed everything by May first, and got the email stating I cleared and my class dates on May 4th. However, still have not received a FOL yet
Same. I got my Dates on May 31st and still haven’t received my FOL.

Applied: 6/25/22. Referred: 9/16/22. ATSA (BQ): 11/14/22. Received my TOL 1/20/23. Eods: 2/10/23. Eods approved: 3/3/23. CIL: 5/1/23. Security clearance waived and security poc emailed hr stating "pending adjudication" on 5/5/23 *not sure what that means as I already have the full clearance. MMPI2/Fingerprints: 5/18/23. Medical: 5/30/23. Drug test 6/6/23. Haven't heard a single thing since CIL was received. I know it's a marathon waiting game but geez. I've reached out multiple times to my HR poc who never replies and my security poc as well as medical clearance regional office and aviation careers office. all no replies. having lots of fun y'all!

Last edited:
Applied: 6/25/22. Referred: 9/16/22. ATSA (BQ): 11/14/22. Received my TOL 1/20/23. Eods: 2/10/23. Eods approved: 3/3/23. CIL: 5/1/23. Security clearance waived and security poc emailed hr stating "pending adjudication" on 5/5/23 *not sure what that means as I already have the full clearance. MMPI2/Fingerprints: 5/18/23. Medical: 5/30/23. Drug test 6/6/23. Haven't heard a single thing since CIL was received. I know it's a marathon waiting game but geez. I've reached out multiple times to my HR poc who never replies and my security poc as well as medical clearance regional office and aviation careers office. all no replies. having lots of fun y'all!
Update:
Apparently I cleared all my medical stuff as of 6/2/23 and the eastern region just didn't forward it to the flight surgeon. had a "pending mmpi results" comment but they got my results that I passed on June 2nd. wasted a whole month. So now have to wait for the flight surgeon to sign off on it lol.

Hello all...
I completed my SF-86, MMPI, medical exam, sent in fingerprints, & drug test in May of this year. All within three weeks of receiving my CIL. The only thing I have done since then was an interview for my background investigation in July. I have not heard anything back about any of it since then. I understand they are slow to get back...but is this a normal timeline? I have emailed & called my medical & security POCs & heard not a peep from them.

Hello all...
I completed my SF-86, MMPI, medical exam, sent in fingerprints, & drug test in May of this year. All within three weeks of receiving my CIL. The only thing I have done since then was an interview for my background investigation in July. I have not heard anything back about any of it since then. I understand they are slow to get back...but is this a normal timeline? I have emailed & called my medical & security POCs & heard not a peep from them.
It took just over 8 weeks for my security clearance to go through after completing my eQuip. I never heard anything from security during the process, I was just told by my HR rep once all my clearances were done. Maybe it will take longer than normal because of the security interview? I'm not sure if that is a normal part of the process or not. Maybe it depends case by case? I worked for a police department prior so maybe that helped speed up my security clearance? I wouldn't think so but maybe.

My medical clearance took 2 months from completing my appointments. It was also extended by a couple weeks because of a pending medical appointment at the time that the flight surgeon had concerns about, but I was ultimately cleared after that.

I emailed my HR rep once just asking the status of my clearances. At the time, none of them had gotten back to HR. She emailed both my Security POC and Aerospace Medicine on my behalf, and they answered within a couple days. You may want to try that? I think Security and Medical are more apt to answer if the email is forwarded from an HR rep. I received both my clearances a few weeks after HR sent that email.

It took just over 8 weeks for my security clearance to go through after completing my eQuip. I never heard anything from security during the process, I was just told by my HR rep once all my clearances were done. Maybe it will take longer than normal because of the security interview? I'm not sure if that is a normal part of the process or not. Maybe it depends case by case? I worked for a police department prior so maybe that helped speed up my security clearance? I wouldn't think so but maybe.

My medical clearance took 2 months from completing my appointments. It was also extended by a couple weeks because of a pending medical appointment at the time that the flight surgeon had concerns about, but I was ultimately cleared after that.

I emailed my HR rep once just asking the status of my clearances. At the time, none of them had gotten back to HR. She emailed both my Security POC and Aerospace Medicine on my behalf, and they answered within a couple days. You may want to try that? I think Security and Medical are more apt to answer if the email is forwarded from an HR rep. I received both my clearances a few weeks after HR sent that email.
Thank you. My HR rep has not been much help but I will try with her again. I guess it doesn't hurt to send more emails.

And yeah, this is my first security clearance or government job so maybe they had to take a deeper look into things.

Thank you. My HR rep has not been much help but I will try with her again. I guess it doesn't hurt to send more emails.

And yeah, this is my first security clearance or government job so maybe they had to take a deeper look into things.
I had a security interview last December and within a week I was fully cleared. Check back in with your HR rep to see, possibly email the investigator and ask if they have any questions you can answer, since you haven't heard back.

Back
Top Bottom