Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ALLSRCE-79187

Congrats! I was offered the same but my wife is due on the 21st so I'm working with HR to start April 25th it looks like.
What was this process like for you? I'm nervous about it for my husband and I. He's submitted everything and is waiting on his TOL. I'm due Oct 24 with our first and right now classes are graduating end of July/August. I would really love to not move to who knows where in my third trimester, plus try to find a new doctor and hospital to deliver at... do you think they'd allow a deferral for us until December or so?

What was this process like for you? I'm nervous about it for my husband and I. He's submitted everything and is waiting on his TOL. I'm due Oct 24 with our first and right now classes are graduating end of July/August. I would really love to not move to who knows where in my third trimester, plus try to find a new doctor and hospital to deliver at... do you think they'd allow a deferral for us until December or so?
Generally they will accept the deferment if it calls for it. I know a certain someone, whose deferral was approved for a wedding he was apart of (not even the groom). So I’m sure the birth of a child will suffice.

Does the FAA clear your medical ? Just did my physical and the Dr signed off and said he sees no problems. Was wondering if the dr who did my physical signed off, should I expect to be cleared ?

Does the FAA clear your medical ? Just did my physical and the Dr signed off and said he sees no problems. Was wondering if the dr who did my physical signed off, should I expect to be cleared ?
More than likely but the AME who does your physical doesn't make that determination, the regional flight surgeon does

Took my physical today with the AME, was wondering about how long it takes for the FAA to say you’re cleared or not.

Generally they will accept the deferment if it calls for it. I know a certain someone, whose deferral was approved for a wedding he was apart of (not even the groom). So I’m sure the birth of a child will suffice.
They, unfortunately, denied our deferral :/ My husband just accepted the dates offered and we're very excited! Just a little uncertain about how everything will shake out with the baby.

I recently received my CIL and set up my MMPI and medical appointments. I haven't seen anything regarding a drug screen. My understanding is that the drug screen is separate from the medical. My medical appointment is scheduled 5 days before my CIL deadline so I just want to make sure I'll have enough time to complete everything.

Last edited:
So I understand the drug screen is separate from the AME physical. My AME is scheduled 5 days before my CIL deadline. Do I also need to complete the drug screen before the 60 day CIL deadline, or is it okay to have the drug screen after that???

Does anybody know a forum with other peoples class dates, Im trying to find people with the same class dates as me. Enroute Basics: 07/11 Academy: 8/14

Received CIL on 5/1 and have my apt with AME on 5/30. Completed MMPI on 5/18. Had to call about drug screening info as I hadn't heard anything via email about it. Woman said I should hear back in a couple days in my email about it. Been almost a week and still waiting. Already have a clearance. Love the waiting game everyone! Question, has everyone been hearing if they're enroute or terminal on the FOL? If so, does anyone know how many days after completing CIL tasks they got there FOL. Thanks!

Received CIL on 5/1 and have my apt with AME on 5/30. Completed MMPI on 5/18. Had to call about drug screening info as I hadn't heard anything via email about it. Woman said I should hear back in a couple days in my email about it. Been almost a week and still waiting. Already have a clearance. Love the waiting game everyone! Question, has everyone been hearing if they're enroute or terminal on the FOL? If so, does anyone know how many days after completing CIL tasks they got there FOL. Thanks!
It’s my understanding the drug screen information should be in your MedXpress email which you should receive about a week before your AME appointment. I have my medical on June 26 so I haven’t gotten mine personally. It’s my understanding it takes about 30 days after each appointment to get results back to your HR rep. Have you gotten back your security eQip email yet? I received the initial security email the day after my CIL (05/01) but haven’t gotten the eQuip yet. My fingerprints were delivered about 3 weeks ago now.

Back
Top Bottom