Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Negative here. Care to share?
Basically got a call from a guy named Mark with a Missouri number saying he's from ATO with the FAA and wanted to talk about my onboarding. He wanted to know if I could be at a facility by September 11th. Then went on to say there was a recent change allowing people to transfer more or something so a lot of the good places are taken but he can get 5 more applicants including me in as long as we can on-board by that date. Then verbally told me. It was pretty bizarre but I said I could do it and he'd be sending out an official list to us today or Monday.

Harrisburg PA
Peoria Illinois
Springfield Illinois
Longview Texas
Concord Cali
Louisville Kentucky
Grant county Washington
Baton Rouge LA
Lake charles LA

Basically got a call from a guy named Mark with a Missouri number saying he's from ATO with the FAA and wanted to talk about my onboarding. He wanted to know if I could be at a facility by September 11th. Then went on to say there was a recent change allowing people to transfer more or something so a lot of the good places are taken but he can get 5 more applicants including me in as long as we can on-board by that date. Then verbally told me. It was pretty bizarre but I said I could do it and he'd be sending out an official list to us today or Monday.

Harrisburg PA
Peoria Illinois
Springfield Illinois
Longview Texas
Concord Cali
Louisville Kentucky
Grant county Washington
Baton Rouge LA
Lake charles LA
Tell that man to call me ?

Very interesting about sept 11. That was the latest date I was offered as well, and it is the date I chose. I had a hard time finding an apartment, long story short I secured one but with a move in date of 14 sept. I emailed HR and requested my start date to be pushed back a week, she said they can only do 2 week increments (have to start on a new pay period) but she would ask ATO for me. Came back and said ATO denied our request, didn't provide a reason but said to talk to my ATM about Change of Station Leave. It's 64 hours free leave for pre and post moving arrangements. I've spoken with my ATM about this, he's a little unsure how to assign me the leave but is working the case. Hope this helps anyone who might be in the same boat as me.

Harrisburg PA
Peoria Illinois
Springfield Illinois
Longview Texas
Concord Cali
Louisville Kentucky
Grant county Washington
Baton Rouge LA
Lake charles LA
Louisville-Standiford ATCT is about to upgrade to a level 9. Place has its pros and cons. PM me w/questions.

Louisville-Standiford ATCT is about to upgrade to a level 9. Place has its pros and cons. PM me w/questions.
Too bad we can't get a place like that on the jump. That's why LOU is a good look. Put in transfer to SDF even if it takes several years. Seems like a decent city too.

Same answer I was given. “flight surgeon pre review”

Buddy at N90 told me he waited 4 months for flight surgeon to clear him. Hoping we don’t have the same fate.
How do you know? I have no idea where to check k was jus told they are waiting on medical.
Correct! My start date is August 28th

The lists have been very interesting lately, what kind of experience do you have?
just tower.

Too bad we can't get a place like that on the jump. That's why LOU is a good look. Put in transfer to SDF even if it takes several years. Seems like a decent city too.
Yeah, I was lucky to catch it in 2020. We got a large influx of people over the last year and a half. Seven in the facility training and another six inbound. Probably why it hasn’t been seen on a list for a while.

Yes, city is definitely cool. Lots to do and a decent cost of living. This level 9 jump is a nice morale boost for the facility.

Yeah, I was lucky to catch it in 2020. We got a large influx of people over the last year and a half. Seven in the facility training and another six inbound. Probably why it hasn’t been seen on a list for a while.

Yes, city is definitely cool. Lots to do and a decent cost of living. This level 9 jump is a nice morale boost for the facility.
Were any of your transfers from LOU?

Back
Top Bottom