Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

Seen Tucson on a few lists lately and I think I’d take it in a heartbeat but I’m also young dumb and full of… bad decisions. Last time I was in town I happened upon a free Steve Aoki concert downtown which was a pretty good time. If you’re fresh out the military and aren’t married and have no kids, in your early to mid 20s with a CTO you could probably ball out on lvl 6 pay and find you a wife or husband at UofA. Couple hour trip over to Phoenix for a nice weekend or something. According to their page on here they’re 100% staffed although it’s a year plus training time with 68% success rate, wtf?

And we're supposed to pick 10 out of these things?

Somehow...
Seen Tucson on a few lists lately and I think I’d take it in a heartbeat but I’m also young dumb and full of… bad decisions. Last time I was in town I happened upon a free Steve Aoki concert downtown which was a pretty good time. If you’re fresh out the military and aren’t married and have no kids, in your early to mid 20s with a CTO you could probably ball out on lvl 6 pay and find you a wife or husband at UofA. Couple hour trip over to Phoenix for a nice weekend or something. According to their page on here they’re 100% staffed although it’s a year plus training time with 68% success rate, wtf?
Definitely would have taken that advice a few years ago haha. Recently engaged and living near DC so hoping Andrews comes my way.

TUS' traffic is up and if it continues they'll most likely be back to a 7 within a year. I know someone who quit TUS and obviously he wasn't too thrilled with being there, but that counts against success rate even though he was a cpc.

Somehow...

Definitely would have taken that advice a few years ago haha. Recently engaged and living near DC so hoping Andrews comes my way.
I happen to like Arizona a lot. I could give a hard pass on DC though 😂

TUS' traffic is up and if it continues they'll most likely be back to a 7 within a year. I know someone who quit TUS and obviously he wasn't too thrilled with being there, but that counts against success rate even though he was a cpc.
Damn what’s got to go down for you to be certified and want out that bad?

It’s been a while, did you get a list from the last bid?
I retracted. FAA med was breathing down my neck about doing the MMPI, it was during the holidays so all the pilots were busy, the proctor was on admin leave or something, I was in the process of firing one contractor and hiring another so I said fuck it. Cart before the horse.

But! My house went on the market last week (18 months later than expected). Had a showing yesterday and a few scheduled for next week. So hopefully this saga will be coming to an end soon lol

I retracted. FAA med was breathing down my neck about doing the MMPI, it was during the holidays so all the pilots were busy, the proctor was on admin leave or something, I was in the process of firing one contractor and hiring another so I said fuck it. Cart before the horse.

But! My house went on the market last week (18 months later than expected). Had a showing yesterday and a few scheduled for next week. So hopefully this saga will be coming to an end soon lol
Well damn, everything happens for a reason. There has been some decent 8-9 towers floating around on a few lists. Best of luck this time around.

that counts against success rate even though he was a cpc.
This is untrue. Everyone who gets to the facility is put in one of 2 categories: successful at becoming cpc, or not. If they don't certify for any reason, that's when it counts against the success rate but after cpc, it doesn't affect it no matter what happens with them.

This is untrue. Everyone who gets to the facility is put in one of 2 categories: successful at becoming cpc, or not. If they don't certify for any reason, that's when it counts against the success rate but after cpc, it doesn't affect it no matter what happens with them.
Ahh ok. Thought I read on here before that resigning counted against it. Thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom