Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

Seen Tucson on a few lists lately and I think I’d take it in a heartbeat but I’m also young dumb and full of… bad decisions. Last time I was in town I happened upon a free Steve Aoki concert downtown which was a pretty good time. If you’re fresh out the military and aren’t married and have no kids, in your early to mid 20s with a CTO you could probably ball out on lvl 6 pay and find you a wife or husband at UofA. Couple hour trip over to Phoenix for a nice weekend or something. According to their page on here they’re 100% staffed although it’s a year plus training time with 68% success rate, wtf

Current Tucson tower CPC here,

Our training program has had bast improvements in the last 2 years. Basically if you come here and show effort you’ll get certified. It shouldn’t take that long either. We had a huge back log that is finally cleared out. And the 68% is kind of a lie because there was a bunch of trainees that quit a few years back making that number under inflated.

We have hit 7 level numbers 5 months in a row and are in the process of upgrading.

Seen Tucson on a few lists lately and I think I’d take it in a heartbeat but I’m also young dumb and full of… bad decisions. Last time I was in town I happened upon a free Steve Aoki concert downtown which was a pretty good time. If you’re fresh out the military and aren’t married and have no kids, in your early to mid 20s with a CTO you could probably ball out on lvl 6 pay and find you a wife or husband at UofA. Couple hour trip over to Phoenix for a nice weekend or something. According to their page on here they’re 100% staffed although it’s a year plus training time with 68% success rate, wtf

Current Tucson tower CPC here,

Our training program has had bast improvements in the last 2 years. Basically if you come here and show effort you’ll get certified. It shouldn’t take that long either. We had a huge back log that is finally cleared out. And the 68% is kind of a lie because there was a bunch of trainees that quit a few years back making that number under inflated.

We have hit 7 level numbers 5 months in a row and are in the process of upgrading.
Sweet. An extra $10k base with a moderately complex airfield layout bordering an AFB and some decent traffic. Could definitely see it being very attractive to the right person. But what’s the deal with there being so many openings lately but still indicating 100%? Y’all have a large outflow currently? Another tower I’d visited had a similar situation: training failures, failed drug tests, etc.

100% AND 3 trainees lol

Sweet. An extra $10k base with a moderately complex airfield layout bordering an AFB and some decent traffic. Could definitely see it being very attractive to the right person. But what’s the deal with there being so many openings lately but still indicating 100%? Y’all have a large outflow currently? Another tower I’d visited had a similar situation: training failures, failed drug tests, etc.
You are failing to ask the questions I have. Make left 360 and report VFR traffic in sight.

100% AND 3 trainees lol
Honestly I’m not entirely sure, we want people to come here to keep the pipeline going, we have a lot of people not from here that are trying to get home or get to higher level facilities.

We also have a few out bounds currently that aren’t shown in staffing for people, so it makes sense that it shows 100% but we have people leaving currently that haven’t left yet. If that makes sense.

You are failing to ask the questions I have. Make left 360 and report VFR traffic in sight.
Haha N4768T is that you?!?!

I thought I knew the answer to this question but a friend is making me doubt now. If I was a former cpc at a lvl 9, resigned, and I end up taking an 8 or below on this bid, will I not retain my lvl 9 pay?

Honestly I’m not entirely sure, we want people to come here to keep the pipeline going, we have a lot of people not from here that are trying to get home or get to higher level facilities.

We also have a few out bounds currently that aren’t shown in staffing for people, so it makes sense that it shows 100% but we have people leaving currently that haven’t left yet. If that makes sense.

Haha N4768T is that you?!?!
dont forget to tell them that they need to get comfortable with f16 traffic, those trainees that left "had military experience" yet fell short with recovery time or when they came home after an aerial refueling and wanted to play in the pattern. Also dont know if yall still do it but wright flight on the weekend with the occasional bonanza fly in.

Did anyone have to email medical after 14 days of not getting any info after your CIL?
Oh boy... medical doesn't rush to do anything. If it helps, I've been waiting on medical since July of last year(not T2'd) and they just now messaged me to retake a drug test because the last one expired. I'm from the Jan 22' bid.

Never hurts to reach out, but you've likely nothing to worry about.

Yeah medical can be a crap shoot. I waited a year and a half receiving the same “awaiting flight surgeon review”. So I wrote my local congressman and within two days they came back saying I was approved.

Same. Wondering what the usual time line is till we see a list?
Timeline is unpredictable. Could be next week. Could be next month. Lists come in batches so you’ll need more people with similar experience to be cleared and ready for a list along with you

dont forget to tell them that they need to get comfortable with f16 traffic, those trainees that left "had military experience" yet fell short with recovery time or when they came home after an aerial refueling and wanted to play in the pattern. Also dont know if yall still do it but wright flight on the weekend with the occasional bonanza fly in.
The last couple trainees that quit didn’t have any F16 or fighter experience. The wright flight stuff isn’t hard. They’re just a lot of them, but it’s some of the most simple pattern work you’ll ever see. If you struggle with guys doing roundy rounds maybe air traffic isn’t for you lol. The F16 learning curve is tough for some people but once you figure out how they mix with the GA stuff it’s not bad.

The last couple trainees that quit didn’t have any F16 or fighter experience. The wright flight stuff isn’t hard. They’re just a lot of them, but it’s some of the most simple pattern work you’ll ever see. If you struggle with guys doing roundy rounds maybe air traffic isn’t for you lol. The F16 learning curve is tough for some people but once you figure out how they mix with the GA stuff it’s not bad.
Im pretty sure i know what im talking about since I got a CTO from TUS.....

Back
Top Bottom