Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

You got DAL? Jelly
As much as I would have liked to put DAL as #1… I put it as #2. My number 1 choice has more of a lifestyle my family enjoys. I have worked air carriers with parallel runways- wanted something slightly different. But usually I don’t have this kind of luck so when the list came out I was pleasantly surprised.

If I do get DAL I will be stoked, don’t get me wrong.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with their 1st pick!

Why not just post your list?..... I don't understand why you'd type out the states you got 8s at lol
Because it’s all the 8’s in those states. If you look up placement you’re more likely to see what’s coming your way. If you bank on making a choice on someone else’s list- it will change. Someone here before got SEA! Crazy but cool. Yes NCEPT sucks and new hires should also be stuck at bad facilities for long periods of time. Timing is everything, unfortunately. PHX seems to need people. ERR there. People bid/hardship then back out once they see cost of living.

FFZ will definitely be on lists for people on this bid… but may be filled and not on next previous experience new hire bid- whenever that comes out.

PRC actually looks like a good place to live and decent cost of living relative to Mesa area. Depending on the activities you enjoy and what kind of place you want to buy/rent. Appears to staff better than FFZ if you ever wanted to move.

Memphis, Florida, Anchorage, Chicago midway wasn’t on this list but will probably be on the next list. Also look at the June NEST list. Those probably won’t be on the list, unless they are really understaffed.

A lot of scattered info but hope that points someone in the right direction.

Because it’s all the 8’s in those states. If you look up placement you’re more likely to see what’s coming your way. If you bank on making a choice on someone else’s list- it will change. Someone here before got SEA! Crazy but cool. Yes NCEPT sucks and new hires should also be stuck at bad facilities for long periods of time. Timing is everything, unfortunately. PHX seems to need people. ERR there. People bid/hardship then back out once they see cost of living.

FFZ will definitely be on lists for people on this bid… but may be filled and not on next previous experience new hire bid- whenever that comes out.

PRC actually looks like a good place to live and decent cost of living relative to Mesa area. Depending on the activities you enjoy and what kind of place you want to buy/rent. Appears to staff better than FFZ if you ever wanted to move.

Memphis, Florida, Anchorage, Chicago midway wasn’t on this list but will probably be on the next list. Also look at the June NEST list. Those probably won’t be on the list, unless they are really understaffed.

Yeah. I understand what you're saying, but really you're just making someone go and check another resource to figure out what level 8 in what state instead of just posting it.

Not sure if you've been around long or not, but thr FAA also doesn't always make sense. Sure, they're supposed to follow the SOP for prior rated new controllers. But they don't, ask me how I know.

Anhwho, hope you get whatever 8 in whatever state you want.

Also, to clarify. I'm not even in the process. Just looking our for coworkers.... so for me it's more about figuring out whats likely to NOT be on their list, than it is to be on their list.

I've seen some info on this but never any confirmation. Do they send out lists about once a month?
Honestly that’s one thing in the process I’m unsure of I feel like they wait until they have enough people cleared through their CIL to give lists but I’m not sure. I know they usually come out on thursdays that’s about it…

Has anyone received further instruction since accepting their TOL? I’ve sent out a couple of emails to my HR rep to see if I could move along with the medical/background check process, but to no avail. When I call HR, they defer me to email even though I tell them I haven’t received a response for months. I did indicate that my terminal leave date and separation from the military is in August and October respectively, but I know others on the same timeline that are already moving along with the process. Any tips?

Has anyone received further instruction since accepting their TOL? I’ve sent out a couple of emails to my HR rep to see if I could move along with the medical/background check process, but to no avail. When I call HR, they defer me to email even though I tell them I haven’t received a response for months. I did indicate that my terminal leave date and separation from the military is in August and October respectively, but I know others on the same timeline that are already moving along with the process. Any tips?
Ive been with the agency before and I’ve waited 5 months just to get a drug test and security clearance everything else I already had done….it’s the government it just takes times.

I’m in the same boat they told me to keep waiting until it gets closer to terminal leave (Aug 20 for me). Really hoping to hear the next steps soon.

What's your experience?

Back
Top Bottom