FAA messed up my medical process, so I filed a congressional complaint.

Any update?
Cleared Tier 2 today!

The apathy of bureaucracy in all branches of government is startling to say the least. Good on you for seizing the initiative and pushing forward, the complacency of applicants is also to be knocked, if you don’t push you will never get anywhere. This is your career, keep at it man.
Finally cleared tier 2 today. I'm keeping at it

Senator Duckworth

More like duckworthless
OP said their Congressman was the most help and that his Senator just sent one email and was done; Duckworth and Durbin are the 2 Senators from IL. In IL there are 18 Districts each with a House Representative, aka Congressmen. I was just curious if the OPs district Congressman was Kinzinger to see if an R was a help to their complaint or not.

Duckworth is worthless, yes. However, Kinzinger is equally worthless as an R but it would be cool if he was the one who at least tried for this kid.

OP said their Congressman was the most help and that his Senator just sent one email and was done; Duckworth and Durbin are the 2 Senators from IL. In IL there are 18 Districts each with a House Representative, aka Congressmen. I was just curious if the OPs district Congressman was Kinzinger to see if an R was a help to their complaint or not.

Duckworth is worthless, but Kinzinger is equally worthless as an R.
He's republican. I forget his name and I'm too lazy to look it up right now lol but he's R

So here's what happened:

I was just informed 3 weeks ago that I'm being placed in the MMPI Tier 2 process, which means I'll possibly have to wait another year to get cleared. I originally applied in the summer of 2019.

This doesn't make sense to me because I have already passed the MMPI twice before I failed it the third time somehow. I used to have an Adderall prescription, so I took the FAA Evaluation and got cleared by the psychiatrist more than a year ago. But my medical person did not clear me because I didn't wait 90 days between stopping my prescription and taking the FAA Evaluation with the Psychiatrist, also because apparently I didn't take a drug test before that Evaluation even though my Psychiatrist told me he received it and I paid $60 for it. So I had to take the FAA Evaluation AGAIN and pay another $2000 out of pocket for it, along with another drug test, because NO ONE informed me I had to wait 90 days between stopping my prescription and taking the Evaluation, and because somebody somewhere lost my original drug test. The second time I took the FAA Evaluation I got cleared of everything the Medical team asked me to get cleared for, but this time I somehow didn't pass the MMPI after I already passed it two times prior to taking it this third time (I took the original MMPI then I had to take it each time I took the FAA Evaluation).

So my medical person sent my file to the federal air surgeon to get reviewed, which took an entire year, just to tell me that they're placing me in Tier 2. They could have told me that last June considering I got cleared of everything else they asked me to get cleared for and the only issue was the fluke MMPI failure.

The possibility of having to wait an additional year to get my clearance does not seem fair, nor justified to me, considering I passed every single test that has been given to me. Also, because I would have been cleared the first time if the Medical team properly communicated with me that I had to wait 90 days between stopping my prescription and taking the FAA Evaluation. My FAA Psychiatrist and AME even said I should've been cleared the first time and the 90 day waiting period thing is just a formality. I have been extremely patient, but I also had to spend an additional $2000 ($4800 total) on the FAA Evaluation because of their failure to communicate the 90 day waiting period with me and because someone lost my drug test.

So I filed a Congressional complaint and and Senator Duckworth said she's gonna help me out. I really hope this gets fixed quickly.
They had over 72,000 applicants on the last open bid... Good luck getting in if you have already had a medical issue. I doubt there will be much effort from anyone.

Back
Top Bottom