FAA Moves to Accelerate Air Traffic Controller Hiring by Enhancing College Training Program

I just said I can’t and won’t speak for en route, fella. Why you putting words in people’s mouths?

And I believe that because those center training success rates are pretty sub par too lol.

Staffing is a two part process I.e. they actually have to certify as well, simply having people show up at facilities won’t solve the staffing problem.
It’s all about having people show up to places they are from or want to live

You guys act like the en route training departments are like going to Harvard. You run some sub par labs then you just go work.
I wouldn't say the training departments are why center training is better than terminal. It's just how center training goes that is better. I started at a terminal and was talking to and running live traffic within a couple months. My friends at a center weren't at a comparable spot until around 1.5-2 years after starting as they all do A side and D side training before moving to R side and actually talking to planes and running the sector. That's a lot more time to learn the sector and airspace with someone else with you to help. I'm not saying that makes center easier but it's definitely an advantage in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom