Facility QOL improvements?

illremedy

I’m curious what amenities smaller facilities have that are provided by NATCA funds, or collaboration with others in facility. I’ve seen things like designated quiet areas, popcorn machines, vending machines, gaming consoles, and communal coffee supplies. Does your local cover cooking utensils and pots/pans in the break room for example?

the TV, the futon and mattress pad in the quiet room, etc. are property of the local.

consumables are all donated by people same as coffee. someone on OT or I guess now just out of kindness will go get a big package of paper plates and utensils. This way the people who use that stuff all kind of pitch in, and those who don’t don’t feel like their natca funds are being obligated. also, it’s hard to want your local on the hook for recurring expenses.

We have 3 Xboxes in our NATCA office so we can play Apex or CoD or whatever else. I think one was bought by NATCA, the rest were bought by other controllers.

One controller donated an outdoor basketball goal and a couple balls and a cornhole set.

We have a pretty extensive snack fund ran by a fund in the facility that pays for Christmas parties and other stuff.

I wish we had room for a gym though, that would be so sweet and I'm sure most of us would chip in for the equipment if we had the space.

Last edited:
Level 8 fac, 30ish dues paying members.

We have a couple of gaming systems, Wi-Fi, some ratty looking couches, a fancy coffee machine upstairs and a couple of kuerigs down, a grill, vending machines for drinks and snacks, and a ping pong table.

the couches were donated, as well as the dishes I believe.

Working on some gym equipment as well as a griddle grill.

We do semi regular cookouts and stuff on the union dime and threw a pretty baller Xmas party last year.

We have a couple of gaming systems, Wi-Fi, some ratty looking couches, a fancy coffee machine upstairs and a couple of kuerigs down, a grill, vending machines for drinks and snacks, and a ping pong table.

We do semi regular cookouts and stuff on the union dime and threw a pretty baller Xmas party last year.
That’s similar to what has been discussed locally here. Grill, WiFi, gaming, etc. Have a situation where money wasn’t being spent due to one reason or another and now I’m looking for ideas that would benefit all here.

That’s similar to what has been discussed locally here. Grill, WiFi, gaming, etc. Have a situation where money wasn’t being spent due to one reason or another and now I’m looking for ideas that would benefit all here.
The vending machines basically are self supporting and stocked with what we want, not done by a company so it's super cool to have a variety outside of company xxxxx products, and basically just make enough profit to cover vending machine taxes and maintence and keep it stocked. We have a "vending machine guy" who takes care of all that for us and it works out well.

The grill is also super handy for doing crew lunches/dinners on your dime. We do that quite a bit in the summer.

WiFi is also nice, and last I checked national had a program to help pay for it at the smaller facilities with less dues income. Being able to run Netflix and stuff thru the break room TV is great.

We have a game console, big TV and a couch that was bought by the local. Our internet is pretty shit, can barely stream one thing at a time.

I’m curious what amenities smaller facilities have that are provided by NATCA funds, or collaboration with others in facility. I’ve seen things like designated quiet areas, popcorn machines, vending machines, gaming consoles, and communal coffee supplies. Does your local cover cooking utensils and pots/pans in the break room for example?
We have a 28 inch TV with an HD antenna, and a recliner that has a good lean to it. And that's it.

We had a couch with an old sock in it, and a tv with chromecast attached to it, a Keurig, a rusted grill and that's about it. We don't really have room for the things that we'd actually like and our airport refuses to do improvements to get us a decent break room.

Get the blackstone griddle grill. It’s amazing. 36incher of course

Random question do any northern climate facilities have an outdoor patio area? If so, what happens to the furniture in the winter? Is it left outside?

Back
Top Bottom