Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Anyone from this bid still lingering "in queue" for medical?
I was until today. Finally medically cleared.
Received my initial clearance instruction letter on 26 July.
Finished everything on 12 August. Had been waiting ever since. Hopefully I get my list either this Thursday or next!

I was until today. Finally medically cleared.
Received my initial clearance instruction letter on 26 July.
Finished everything on 12 August. Had been waiting ever since. Hopefully I get my list either this Thursday or next!
Did they tell you what held you up? What region you in? And last but not least, congrats!

Did they tell you what held you up? What region you in? And last but not least, congrats!
Thanks! I’m in the Great Lakes Region. Every time I would reach out, they’d hit me with a generic response. “Flight Surgeons work on Applicant cases when they have available time to do so. They do have other duties that require their attention. This causes the process to be longer than we would like. Your patience is truly appreciated.” That’s basically what I would get every time I asked for an update.

Thanks! I’m in the Great Lakes Region. Every time I would reach out, they’d hit me with a generic response. “Flight Surgeons work on Applicant cases when they have available time to do so. They do have other duties that require their attention. This causes the process to be longer than we would like. Your patience is truly appreciated.” That’s basically what I would get every time I asked for an update.
I'm great lakes region as well, same freaking thing every time.

Fidn out who your flight surgeon is and call them until they answer.
I called the regional office and they told me they don't have any say over it until it gets past the virtual hiring team. All virtual hiring team will ever tell me is, "in queue, pending review."

I got my number 3 TMB. Anyone from that facility on here know a good area to live down there?
I lived in worked in Orlando, so not exactly close. But from my understanding, that entire area is all about the same...... If you plan on commuting that's a different story. Congrats though, I know quite a few who wanted that.

Seems to be one thing after another with this bid.

On 13 Dec, I received word that I was medically cleared and I also received my medical clearance memo signed from a flight doc.

Fast forward to today, still no list. so I just wanted to call HR and see what my status is just to at least get some information. The rep tells me they’re showing I’m still awaiting med clearance.

3 weeks have passed since I was cleared so you’d think they would have had that info already and I’d be awaiting facility placement or something.

Hopefully next week they can get back in gear and pump out some lists for us still waiting.

Seems to be one thing after another with this bid.

On 13 Dec, I received word that I was medically cleared and I also received my medical clearance memo signed from a flight doc.

Fast forward to today, still no list. so I just wanted to call HR and see what my status is just to at least get some information. The rep tells me they’re showing I’m still awaiting med clearance.

3 weeks have passed since I was cleared so you’d think they would have had that info already and I’d be awaiting facility placement or something.

Hopefully next week they can get back in gear and pump out some lists for us still waiting.
Everyone’s timeline is different. When I went through from the March 2018 bid, I knew I was medically cleared in August but didn’t get a list until November. It happens for some people sooner and some take longer. It’s not just you that you’re waiting on. They’re grouping you with people of similar experience because you’re all going to be offered the same list

Plus with this being a holiday weekend back to back, you’re probably waiting until after the new year anyway. MLK coming up in a few weeks too

Last edited:
Been over a month since I’ve seen a list drop. Typically happens on Thursdays so it doesn’t look like it’s happening this week.

Has anyone in here who’s gotten their list received it on a day other than Thursday?

Been over a month since I’ve seen a list drop. Typically happens on Thursdays so it doesn’t look like it’s happening this week.

Has anyone in here who’s gotten their list received it on a day other than Thursday?
I’m in the September bid waiting on a list as well. Been cleared for about a month now. Last 3 I’ve seen came out on either the 8th or 10th of the month.

Talked to my ATO this week and they are just getting back on track after the holidays, lots of facilities either are downgrading or upgrading, new pay tables for first of year and the FIPS (think thats the name of their system) has been down and updating so they were pretty behind. Most HR folks just returned back to work this week from the holidays.

I’m in the September bid waiting on a list as well. Been cleared for about a month now. Last 3 I’ve seen came out on either the 8th or 10th of the month.
Im shocked that you did Medical in December and are already fully cleared, it took most of us 4-6 months to get our medical clearance email.

Talked to my ATO this week and they are just getting back on track after the holidays, lots of facilities either are downgrading or upgrading, new pay tables for first of year and the FIPS (think thats the name of their system) has been down and updating so they were pretty behind. Most HR folks just returned back to work this week from the holidays.

Im shocked that you did Medical in December and are already fully cleared, it took most of us 4-6 months to get our medical clearance email.
Yeah my medical took a week, I was surprised. From EODS to fully cleared was about a month and a half.

Back
Top Bottom