Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Talked to my ATO this week and they are just getting back on track after the holidays, lots of facilities either are downgrading or upgrading, new pay tables for first of year and the FIPS (think thats the name of their system) has been down and updating so they were pretty behind. Most HR folks just returned back to work this week from the holidays.

Im shocked that you did Medical in December and are already fully cleared, it took most of us 4-6 months to get our medical clearance email.
Talked to my ATO this week and they are just getting back on track after the holidays, lots of facilities either are downgrading or upgrading, new pay tables for first of year and the FIPS (think thats the name of their system) has been down and updating so they were pretty behind. Most HR folks just returned back to work this week from the holidays.

Im shocked that you did Medical in December and are already fully cleared, it took most of us 4-6 months to get our medical clearance email.
I’m shocked as well. Took me about 4 months for my medical and I did everything as quick as possible.

I'm in the September bid as well and they seem to be moving a lot faster than usual. I finished everything in my CIL by Dec 13. I never got an email stating I was cleared but I got a call Jan 4th with a stand alone offer to JCF so I think that means I'm cleared? Ended up declining the placement though and am hoping I'm in the next round of lists sent out.

I'm in the September bid as well and they seem to be moving a lot faster than usual. I finished everything in my CIL by Dec 13. I never got an email stating I was cleared but I got a call Jan 4th with a stand alone offer to JCF so I think that means I'm cleared? Ended up declining the placement though and am hoping I'm in the next round of lists sent out.
The amount of money you'd have to pay me to live there would frighten even the richest people lol

Very nice. You prior FAA?
No and I’m shocked at what I got offered.
Tower controller at Mcchord, Eglin, Osan
Rapcon at White sands Missile range. 10 years of ATC experience total.

So you're going to Nantucket right? All seriousness though, PIT is in a pretty great locations. Growing too
I’m from the Chicago area so I want to stay around here. PWK would be great. And eventually I want to be at MDW so I feel like that could happen easier being in the Chicago area.

No and I’m shocked at what I got offered.
Tower controller at Mcchord, Eglin, Osan
Rapcon at White sands Missile range. 10 years of ATC experience total.
Probably Eglin and White Sands Rapcon experience that did it. Congrats!

I’m from the Chicago area so I want to stay around here. PWK would be great. And eventually I want to be at MDW so I feel like that could happen easier being in the Chicago area.
Not to tell you how to live you're life but you gotta be crazy not to rank PBI #1. MDW is going to be hard to get to no matter what so you might as well go make that level 9 pay with no state income tax. I'm not a west coast guy but SEA and PDX would also be great moves for your career. You'd be the top ranked guy at MDW or ORD if you ever wanted to go with minimal competition to leave your facility. C90 would take you in a heartbeat from any place with level 8+ radar with no release necessary and move money. Plus they say that place is turning into a real country club!

Not to tell you how to live you're life but you gotta be crazy not to rank PBI #1. MDW is going to be hard to get to no matter what so you might as well go make that level 9 pay with no state income tax. I'm not a west coast guy but SEA and PDX would also be great moves for your career. You'd be the top ranked guy at MDW or ORD if you ever wanted to go with minimal competition to leave your facility. C90 would take you in a heartbeat from any place with level 8+ radar with no release necessary and move money. Plus they say that place is turning into a real country club!
Have you worked student traffic in Florida? I mean don't get me wrong, nice area, no income tax, the occasional hurricane. But they get paid that for a reason. And if it's half a country away from where he wants to be, I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze

Palm beach seems nice just not a necessity of mine. My wife is an RN so I don’t have to chase a big facility right away. SEA and PDX would be great but I’ve already lived in the PNW. Don’t know if I wanna go back and pay half a mil for a house I could get in my area for half that

Have you worked student traffic in Florida? I mean don't get me wrong, nice area, no income tax, the occasional hurricane. But they get paid that for a reason. And if it's half a country away from where he wants to be, I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze
PBI itself has a class C and is mostly commercial traffic and PJs. Sure there's going to be more students than normal on the radar side, but it's not on the same level as DAB. I'm just saying it would be my #1 it's not close but maybe that's because I don't enjoy freezing my ass off for 6 months out of the year.
Palm beach seems nice just not a necessity of mine. My wife is an RN so I don’t have to chase a big facility right away. SEA and PDX would be great but I’ve already lived in the PNW. Don’t know if I wanna go back and pay half a mil for a house I could get in my area for half that
Yeah, COL in south Florida is definitely the one thing that has kept me from going back so I get that.

If you dont care much about pay, CPS is a great choice. You are 30 minutes from downtown Saint Louis and 4 hour train ride to Chicago. St. louis has some of the best medical facilities in the country with Barns Jewish and Wash U so your wife could find work super easy. Additonally snce you are a vet, if you have 70% or more disability no property taxes on the IL side (Im sure you know this) or low cost of living if you wish to commute from the STL side.

Also as of two weeks ago CPS is being upgraded to a 6. They are usually good on staffing and checkout time is super short. Also ERR wont be hard to STL/ T75/ C90

If you dont care much about pay, CPS is a great choice. You are 30 minutes from downtown Saint Louis and 4 hour train ride to Chicago. St. louis has some of the best medical facilities in the country with Barns Jewish and Wash U so your wife could find work super easy. Additonally snce you are a vet, if you have 70% or more disability no property taxes on the IL side (Im sure you know this) or low cost of living if you wish to commute from the STL side.

Also as of two weeks ago CPS is being upgraded to a 6. They are usually good on staffing and checkout time is super short. Also ERR wont be hard to STL/ T75/ C90
nevemind, didnt realise the COLA and CIP for PWK were so high lol

Not sure why it shows 8 but MYF is a level 9. Lmk if you have questions. Nice list

Hopefully you hear something soon. I think it’s crazy people who applied 9 months after us are already cleared and getting lists. With how long we’ve been waiting I just hope we get our top choices
Sometimes the FAA just moves mysteriously lol

Back
Top Bottom