Facility requiring trainees to have vaccine or have training suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntin_GI

I ♥ pointSixtyFive
Hey y’all,

At one of the Z’s and apparently will have my training suspended in the next few days unless I get the vaccine.

Any other facilities seeing this?
Yes I wear my mask and haven’t had any issues during training. Unless you count issues as being kicked outta the building for a year due to Covid but anyways.
Thoughts?

Sounds like this is an agreement between our Pres and MGMT.

Hey y’all,

At one of the Z’s and apparently will have my training suspended in the next few days unless I get the vaccine.

Any other facilities seeing this?
Yes I wear my mask and haven’t had any issues during training. Unless you count issues as being kicked outta the building for a year due to Covid but anyways.
Thoughts?

Sounds like this is an agreement between our Pres and MGMT.
Before we came back in May (April?) it was mentioned that those currently on EA would not be allowed back in the building unless they had the vaccine or the gating criteria was met, this sounds along similar lines.

If this were a government shutdown, everyone will go bat shit crazy to start getting paid again. The reality is, no one cares about training enough to keep it going. Little do they know, facilities will suffer in the long run.

Even if it cannot be mandated, they can require it to work in a federal building. Require it in restaurants and grocery stores. Require it to visit a hospital or urgent care etc. Good luck fighting that.

Nurses and doctors are getting fired from their hospitals for not getting the vaccine. You better be able to show me in the contract where it says that.
You must be one of those that reads the .65 that way too huh? Well it doesn’t say I can’t do it. Show me where it says they can mandate it. There are A LOT of facilities that are 50/50 when it comes to the vaccine. If they stop training because a trainee refuses to get it then they will also stop a CPC from working for the same reason. They’ll change their tune real quick when controllers nationwide aren’t working because they refuse to be jabbed with a shot that has been shown to have multiple side effects as well as not knowing the long term effects from it.

You must be one of those that reads the .65 that way too huh? Well it doesn’t say I can’t do it. Show me where it says they can mandate it. There are A LOT of facilities that are 50/50 when it comes to the vaccine. If they stop training because a trainee refuses to get it then they will also stop a CPC from working for the same reason. They’ll change their tune real quick when controllers nationwide aren’t working because they refuse to be jabbed with a shot that has been shown to have multiple side effects as well as not knowing the long term effects from it.
Before we drift off topic-they do not have the right of law to mandate it now. I'm not sure what is in the attachment above.

Private employers can mandate it especially in right to work states. There is a contract to follow, and negotiations must take place, the postal workers union is against it-i think we should encourage but not mandate as well

Just wanna take a moment and say a vaccinated trainee popped positive and since I worked with him, my unvaccinated ass got 10 days of EA. God bless the system
10 as in business days? We got 2 weeks.

What’s so strange about

“The guy that popped positive was vaccinated. So yeah.... I’ll continue to pass. It obviously doesn’t work. And he’s not the first that I know that got COVId post vaccination”

im not gonna be putting something in my body that obviously doesn’t work. There’s a million other things deadlier than COVId... I’m not worried

Let me guess they can't fire all of us? seems like i heard that one before. and only 2 days after august 3rd

Ten days total. I’m back to work on the 14th.
For some reason, if you tested positive after a close contact event, you had 10 days total unless you continued to test positive and all that time is your own sick leave. If you instead test negative after the close contact, you get 14 EA days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom