Facility requiring trainees to have vaccine or have training suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, if you tested positive after a close contact event, you had 10 days total unless you continued to test positive and all that time is your own sick leave. If you instead test negative after the close contact, you get 14 EA days.
Yeah i think it was 14 days from my last contact with the person. But there was a few days lapse in between I have no symptoms at all. I even said I didn’t wanna stay home cause I’m not using my
Leave. Then my ATM said it’s EA to quarantine.

Reactions: KAB
Let me guess they can't fire all of us? seems like i heard that one before. and only 2 days after august 3rd
I never said that but if they are going to stop training for anyone that is t vaccinated then I would think they won’t allow CPC’s to work as well. Then there may be a lot of CPC’s in the unvaccinated break room, at a safe distance of course, not working.

I never said that but if they are going to stop training for anyone that is t vaccinated then I would think they won’t allow CPC’s to work as well. Then there may be a lot of CPC’s in the unvaccinated break room, at a safe distance of course, not working.
I’ll gladly be one of them. Not train/work and collect a pay check? Sign my unvaccinated ass up

Maybe you’ll be at home not getting paid

I think it only makes sense that if a trainee isn’t vaccinated and they won’t be allowed to work/train then any CPC not vaccinated wouldn’t be allowed to work either.

Now how they will verify people’s vaccination status? Because if I’m vaccinated and I hear XX isn’t vaccinated and won’t be allowed to work, to me that sounds like tons of OT. And if I don’t want to work OT and they just want us to voluntarily show our vax cards then why don’t I just refuse so I get free days off too?

If they have the FS pull records then you can’t hide your vax status and the unvaccinated get free days off?? Who knows? guess we will find out!

Anybody know roughly how many facilities stopped training again?

And also genuinely curious, for those who haven't got vaxed, would it change your decision if they vaccines got full approval by fda?

Last edited:
So if it says “Pause” does that mean those facilities will be pausing training or already going to be? Not sure I’m reading this correctly.

So if it says “Pause” does that mean those facilities will be pausing training or already going to be? Not sure I’m reading this correctly.
My facility says pause, but has two ** which means we can train on positions that allow for 6 feet of distancing.

I'm confused about the ones with no *'s

Following up-

As it stands, unvaccinated trainees who cannot maintain 6 ft of social distancing while train will have their training suspended. (The floor/ojt). That same trainee can work a certified position sitting beside their trainer (Think D-side/Assist) no questions asked without social distancing.

Furthermore, they are establishing this "which trainees are vaccinated" based off who is/is not wearing masks.

OJTI's are also being drug into this as they are required to be vaccinated before being allowed to conduct training.

Ridiculous. We have vaccinated trainees and CPC’s who have started wearing masks again with the recent spikes. We have vaccinated people who are very vocal about it who never stopped wearing masks.
The faa just pulls this shit out of their ass.

Following up-

As it stands, unvaccinated trainees who cannot maintain 6 ft of social distancing while train will have their training suspended. (The floor/ojt). That same trainee can work a certified position sitting beside their trainer (Think D-side/Assist) no questions asked without social distancing.

Furthermore, they are establishing this "which trainees are vaccinated" based off who is/is not wearing masks.

OJTI's are also being drug into this as they are required to be vaccinated before being allowed to conduct training.
Is this facility specific, region specific, or rumored of what's coming on a national level?

Following up-

Are they training the trainee trainer are 1 person for social distancing or they want the trainer 6 feet away.

As far as I have seen, we have t received any new guidance from the OPM correct? Also, there hasn’t been a new MOU so they can’t ask about vaccine status correct?

Following up-

If I was a D side at a 12 I would string that out forever. Like the rest of my career maybe.

No, you won’t make 150K as a CPC, but imagine annual raises up the D2 band at a 12 giving you over 100K for what would become the most routine and stress free job imaginable for that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom