February (Q2) 2024

NCEPT is specifically designed to make sure these multi year trainee leeches never get to transfer in front of a cpc. It's one of the few things that it got right.

Sorry you're feeling the business end of that pal.
It would be better if a facility could pass if the only releasable ERR is obviously going to fail.

Idk if this is satire, but I know one guy that washed from a low level up down, went to very slow low level tower only, certified there, got picked up at a busy mid level tower, washed there, went back to low level tower, and less than a year and half later got picked up to a Z.

The amount of resources and wasted time on this one dude is incredible and that's not to say that he's one of 3 other people I know through my current coworkers who know controller's who have very similar stories.
I think this is one of the flaws of the union. We protect jobs a bit too much. You got 23 y/o cpcs at level 12s and then you have the double washed 33 y/o trying for his 4th facility. Some people got it or they don’t. Sure, over time, your skills should improve but we ain’t got time for that. This fix you may ask? If someone washes, give them one more chance at a lower level. If they certify, they can make the decision if they want to stick it out there for the rest of their career. But no more movement unless they want to become a supervisor at the same facility.

Idk if this is satire, but I know one guy that washed from a low level up down, went to very slow low level tower only, certified there, got picked up at a busy mid level tower, washed there, went back to low level tower, and less than a year and half later got picked up to a Z.

The amount of resources and wasted time on this one dude is incredible and that's not to say that he's one of 3 other people I know through my current coworkers who know controller's who have very similar stories.
We had a guy come to my facility from a Z. Had no intentions on certifying. And made that real clear. Purposely didn’t follow the SOP and put CPCs in a bind all the time. Spent over 5 years in training status, then withdrew and went back to his Z. Giant waste of time. All the meanwhile, we are working 6 day work weeks and can’t release anyone

Back
Top Bottom