Fingerprinting Bureaucracy

I'm about to wrap up my security package, and just need to get my fingerprinting done. Called my local police department and they told me they can't take computer printed fingerprint cards. The woman at the station went on and on about how I need a verification number from my security person, physical/official cards, etc.

Well, I'm pretty sure she's full of shit. Anyone run into this issue? I'm thinking about just going a town over and trying someone that actually knows what they're talking about, but I need to get this done and in the mail by the end of the week. I have the option of traveling a little over an hour to the FAA Security regional office (who apparently do prints), but my security POC has been out of the office.

Am I missing something from my Security POC, and are the cops right? I don't see why they can't just take my prints on the cards my POC emailed me and instructed me to use. Such a nightmare of red tape.

just get it done

Obviously, but is there an alternative form I don't know about that the FAA accepts? Bit retarded that they send you a form that local police won't even acknowledge. Just want to be sure I have everything I need. It's not like HR and the Security people are infallible. They even sent me a TOL riddled with mistakes, and contradicting specialties (enroute on one part, terminal on the other).

I just used the card that the police station had. Says in the email you can use those cards, it's generally a heavier stock and I figured it'd hold up better. Verification number sounds weird...they shouldn't care why you want them but I told them I'm applying for a federal position and needs prints, just pay them their 10-20 bucks and they should do it for you.

I just used the card that the police station had. Says in the email you can use those cards, it's generally a heavier stock and I figured it'd hold up better. Verification number sounds weird...they shouldn't care why you want them but I told them I'm applying for a federal position and needs prints, just pay them their 10-20 bucks and they should do it for you.

I think it's really just an issue of the woman I was talking to not knowing anything about fingerprint requests. She said I needed my own cards, and couldn't get them at the station. Then when I told her I have cards, she wouldn't take them. Most likely just going to try a different precinct that knows what's up.

EDIT: Looks like I was just dealing with a bureaucrat on a power trip after all. Tried the same department, next precinct over, and the guy on the phone said the other precinct had no idea what they were talking about. Also went from "you can only come here these two random hours during the day" to "open 24 hours, bring your own paperwork, no issue".

Last edited:
Glad you got it figured out. I also just went to the local police station and used their cards. Same place I went to get my concealed permit in WA.

Same here. Was $15 here, printed 2 copies for no extra charge. I included the SF87 with the fingerprint cards in case they needed any info from it not listed on the agency's card.

I'm about to wrap up my security package, and just need to get my fingerprinting done. Called my local police department and they told me they can't take computer printed fingerprint cards. The woman at the station went on and on about how I need a verification number from my security person, physical/official cards, etc.

Well, I'm pretty sure she's full of shit. Anyone run into this issue? I'm thinking about just going a town over and trying someone that actually knows what they're talking about, but I need to get this done and in the mail by the end of the week. I have the option of traveling a little over an hour to the FAA Security regional office (who apparently do prints), but my security POC has been out of the office.

Am I missing something from my Security POC, and are the cops right? I don't see why they can't just take my prints on the cards my POC emailed me and instructed me to use. Such a nightmare of red tape.

Hey I am a noob here and this is my first post. I got my CIL yesterday and I went to my city police department today and got them done. They did not charge me anything. I have had my prints done before for my life time carry permit; I have had zero issue both times.
yorkie

Back
Top Bottom