Fixing NCEPT/academy placement

I wouldn't say I have a terrible relationship with the FACREP but, I don't think they'll fight for me because they usually try and get people to stay at that facility. I, however, did submit a couple of letter of recommendations from my training team including my supervisor to be sent to NEST. Would that help?
Those letters are supposed to in theory help but it don’t seem like the NEST panel considers them or knows how to apply them. Just hope you get a level four tower it could be a blessing in disguise. 🥸 The FSS things can be unique and a good temporary option, some locations you do stuff like work 16 days on 10 days off and get per diem if it’s a remote location. But there is no way back to air traffic and it might be a hard life to adjust to that forever. Unless maybe you are already at Z-Anchorage, then it might be a good option.

Those letters are supposed to in theory help but it don’t seem like the NEST panel considers them or knows how to apply them. Just hope you get a level four tower it could be a blessing in disguise. 🥸 The FSS things can be unique and a good temporary option, some locations you do stuff like work 16 days on 10 days off and get per diem if it’s a remote location. But there is no way back to air traffic and it might be a hard life to adjust to that forever. Unless maybe you are already at Z-Anchorage, then it might be a good option.
Gotcha, thank you. I have heard of stories of people getting something even without certifications. I hope I am as lucky as they are.

Change has been demanded and ignored. Only change that is coming is a moratorium on all transfers and promotions at all. The end of NCEPT but nothing to replace it. As NATCA says “if we didn’t negotiate NCEPT, the Agency wouldn’t let you transfer at all”.

I bet NATCA is collaborating to get the transfer ban written into the 5 year FAA Reauthorization just like the N90 consolidation so they have to follow it because “it’s the law”.

Coming very soon……There is no transfers, only Zuul.

Just say no to radar in your career. Look at those NCEPT results. Severely understaffed radar facilities get one person. Most desirable high level towers in the country get multiple pickups from low level towers. For you Z controllers I hope you like your first facility because you might be able to A124 out in 15 years.

Just say no to radar in your career. Look at those NCEPT results. Severely understaffed radar facilities get one person. Most desirable high level towers in the country get multiple pickups from low level towers. For you Z controllers I hope you like your first facility because you might be able to A124 out in 15 years.
They are gonna nix A124 in the next contract for sure

Yeah but tower sucks

Haha. The demand sheet for ERR shows most people think otherwise.
Having worked at both I'll say that the combination of much easier work for the same pay and the usually good views are why demand is higher for towers. Lots of people at level 10+ tracons OR towers wish their facility was an up/down just for more variety.

They are gonna nix A124 in the next contract for sure
I think so too. There have been more A124 this year vs the past 5 years. More and more people will be hitting those 15 years soon. Agency will not like it. But natca needs to stand up for it cuz there are people out there banking on this article to finally get where they want to be.

Change has been demanded and ignored. Only change that is coming is a moratorium on all transfers and promotions at all. The end of NCEPT but nothing to replace it. As NATCA says “if we didn’t negotiate NCEPT, the Agency wouldn’t let you transfer at all”.

I bet NATCA is collaborating to get the transfer ban written into the 5 year FAA Reauthorization just like the N90 consolidation so they have to follow it because “it’s the law”.

Coming very soon……There is no transfers, only Zuul.
None of you dipshits have been paying attention but the agency has wanted to stop allowing transfers for 4 years now.

And if you want to be able to move to a level 9 sooner, suck less in the academy and choose the level 6.
Aside of basics, the only thing you learn how to do at academy is pass the academy sim.

NATCA about as worthless as it gets. If they get rid of NCEPT go back to putting bids back on USAJOBS and move money may come back more then just the N90 and Command Center bids.
Old system was way better, I’d rather go sell myself at a facility I want to be at and the ATM there cuts mine a TOL (regardless of my facility staffing) and I just have to negotiate a release date. It was in fact a good ol’ boy system, but at least we would all be somewhat in control of our career progression. NCEPT does nothing but keep people stuck at mostly low level facilities.

Old system was way better, I’d rather go sell myself at a facility I want to be at and the ATM there cuts mine a TOL (regardless of my facility staffing) and I just have to negotiate a release date. It was in fact a good ol’ boy system, but at least we would all be somewhat in control of our career progression. NCEPT does nothing but keep people stuck at mostly low level facilities.

“The old system” had wayyyyy more
Cpc’s in the system. Everyone bitched about the old system and how people/facilties got fucked over. That’s why we have ncept.

“The old system” had wayyyyy more
Cpc’s in the system. Everyone bitched about the old system and how people/facilties got fucked over. That’s why we have ncept.
Everyone’s bitching and people/facilities are getting fucked over now. What changed?

“Hey look, *NCEPT gets implemented* we did something.”

Again, at least under the legacy system those of us who chose to be competitive had a little control over our career progression. Everyone and I mean everyone is stuck now unless you want to go to a facility in the ERR MOU or Guam, aka it’s convenient for the agency.

Are we basically manifesting over the fact that NCEPT spread out the ass-fucking across all facilities that is ATC staffing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom