FMLA Help, Doctor's office doesn't understand

FMLA_Burner

I am currently talking to my mother in law's doctor's office about getting FMLA paperwork completed so that I can submit it back to the FAA. I commute 3 hours on my RDO's to where my family is while we complete the move to where my facility is still. My wife stays at home with her mom and our child and is the primary care taker while I am at work. We are unable to accomplish child care feasibly with my days off being in the middle of the week and there are obviously numerous things I need to take care of. My mother in law has a disability that is not going to improve and needs basic care provided for her like cooking meals, driving to appointments etc etc and is unable to watch our child either so obviously I need to be able to come home at least two days out of my week to help care for my family. The doctor's office just told me that I have to apparently go to MY primary care provider to get this documentation filled out to help take care of my family. Which makes zero sense because my PCP can't describe what my MIL's condition is. I am about to go drop off the paperwork for them to hand to the person who comes back next week that handles these types of requests. Is my MIL's office just not understanding how this process works? How do I explain this to them better because the FMLA paperwork clearly states "The Family and Medical Leave Act provides that an employer may require an employee seeking FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition to submit a medical certification issued by the family member's health care provider."

If anyone else has had any trouble with a PCP on this issue before I'd appreciate any way to communicate with them better so they understand. Thank you.

Sounds like a tailor made hardship, so if there’s a facility closer to your MIL then maybe look into that. And when I did my FMLA for my wife’s pregnancy it was completed by her Doctors office. Why would your doctor fill out paperwork for an ill family member? Lol

Sounds like a tailor made hardship, so if there’s a facility closer to your MIL then maybe look into that. And when I did my FMLA for my wife’s pregnancy it was completed by her Doctors office. Why would your doctor fill out paperwork for an ill family member? Lol
I'm hoping the lady who answered the phone is just absolutely clueless because when she said my doctor had to fill out the paperwork I about erupted.

Edit: And the hardship is already completed but I had to accept a different facility and the closest one was 3 hours away.

I'm hoping the lady who answered the phone is just absolutely clueless because when she said my doctor had to fill out the paperwork I about erupted.

Edit: And the hardship is already completed but I had to accept a different facility and the closest one was 3 hours away.
Yeah sorry I guess I should have figured when you said new facility. I’d walk into your MILs doctors office and handle this face to face so if some dumbass tries to give you lip you can just ask for someone who knows what they are talking about. Literally zero chance your PCP will fill this paperwork out for someone else’s medical issue.

Yeah sorry I guess I should have figured when you said new facility. I’d walk into your MILs doctors office and handle this face to face so if some dumbass tries to give you lip you can just ask for someone who knows what they are talking about. Literally zero chance your PCP will fill this paperwork out for someone else’s medical issue.
Update... The person I talked to on the phone was clueless because everyone I talked to at the doctors offices gets it.

Back
Top Bottom