FSS jobs in Alaska

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Idaho doesn't seem so bad. I like potatoes.
At least Boise is only 2 legs and one layover away from most major cities in Alaska. You get sent to somewhere like Monroe, La or Manchester, NH and you're looking at a whole day traveling, if not 2.

At least Boise is only 2 legs and one layover away from most major cities in Alaska. You get sent to somewhere like Monroe, La or Manchester, NH and you're looking at a whole day traveling, if not 2.
Fun fact: Alaska is so far north that during the summer Condor Airlines will fly over the poles so you can take a non-stop flight from ANC or FAI and be in Frankfurt, Germany in just a few hours. I heard Eurowings is going to start doing it too next summer.

I’m personally aged out for ATC but would love to live in Alaska and would definitely make it work since I’ve lived in other places with about the same housing costs if not more. This would be an increase in pay once all checked out by 60 percent so we could definitely make this work. Single parent here. I’m hoping to get a TOL

I do read everywhere that you can’t go back to ATC tower, but I personally not interested in that route, however he claims that option is available (don’t shoot the messenger).

Whoever it was isn't up-to-date on what's going on. We're supposed to be able to the same way tower and center 2152s are able to transfer. But, the agency openly doesn't follow the NCEPT MOU and the union has no intention on resolving the outstanding grievance dated April 2018 regarding it. Even submitting ERRs to hopefully "eventually" be able to transfer right now results in responses from regional level HRs [supervisors/leads at that] stating FSS 2152s do not meet the eligibility requirements to transfer to a tower/center and that external bids are the only way to do so, which isn't true per ATO but it's another thing that no one wants to resolve.

Just a random thought, for those who don’t want to live in Alaska do they have an option of becoming a supervisor and then transferring to any facility in U.S. as a sup?

Just a random thought, for those who don’t want to live in Alaska do they have an option of becoming a supervisor and then transferring to any facility in U.S. as a sup?

No. ATS Sup positions require previous area or facility certification in an ATS facility. They word bids, even QA bids, specifically to exclude FSS... Even if you're QA in FSS. You can get to a regional supervisor role and then go back down, but otherwise, it's not possible.

They guy who commented on this thread awhile back didn't get a TOL until 8 months after he was referred, so it might be a long wait.
Ohh how I read that was incorrect on his thread then. I assumed he applied this last bid. I was about to say that was quick.

You mean Vilius ? Pretty sure they got a TOL from this bid. You're thinking of the guy at the very beginning who was from the previous bid.

Yeah, but someone already got a TOL from this bid. Like someone said earlier, they probably go out in small batches since they're trying to fill small, staggered classes.

Good luck to you all. I've lost all confidence in the FAA ever following the CBA and to top it off, the union literally does not care. I've joined the list of people leaving FSS this year. Turning in my resignation notice was weird.

Good luck to you all. I've lost all confidence in the FAA ever following the CBA and to top it off, the union literally does not care. I've joined the list of people leaving FSS this year. Turning in my resignation notice was weird.
Are you still going to try to get back into ATC in the lower 48 or are you done with FAA altogether?

Back
Top Bottom