Government Shutdown

So happy I went ahead and took this leave:)
Guaranteeing back pay before reopening the gov? If the agencies thought sick leave use skyrocketed before, they're about to see something special.

So the bills does have a blurb saying if you were an excepted employee you can use leave to be paid for time you took off, soooo no free leave, at least that's how it's written as of now and that's how I (I'm no lawyer) interpret it.

Additionally, I wonder if the snubbing of excepted employees on leave was because of how loud the TSA was about everything. Everything that was in the news... but now to hear they are all getting paid and not charged leave for all the time they took off... Screenshot_20190111-000510.png

Last edited:
Sweet, so Johnnie Mooney gets furloughed as non essential and get 80+ hours of admin time and gets all his backpay. Meanwhile, Mike Cessna shows up everyday as essential, bangs out once and gets charged 8 Hours SL... greivance.

Chapter 63 also covers administrative leave so if we were in a furlough status, which we were in if you weren’t at work, it should be considered administrative leave and not taken out of our leave balances.

Chapter 63 also covers administrative leave so if we were in a furlough status, which we were in if you weren’t at work, it should be considered administrative leave and not taken out of our leave balances.

Hey man, I'm with you but this shutdown was really odd. Any other shutdown if we took leave there were no questions, you got put in as furlough but this time around there was a huge stink to track everything and everyone.

Just seems odd. I would hope that the Union would take up the fight, we should never be divided.

Hey man, I'm with you but this shutdown was really odd. Any other shutdown if we took leave there were no questions, you got put in as furlough but this time around there was a huge stink to track everything and everyone.

Just seems odd. I would hope that the Union would take up the fight, we should never be divided.
I think the agency wants to track leave because they may be receiving guidance about potentially taking punitive action against employees; especially, if they can prove their was organized action.

The union better take up any fight to protect its membership. Pay is probably the biggest issue of all of our issues.

The way I read it its saying you're entitled to use leave during the furlough (IE: not having leave denied/cancelled) and be back-paid for it, just like the furloughed non-essential employees are getting paid. It's not super clear just reading this, but because you can't be on leave while furloughed, that's the take I come away with.

I'd be surprised if it's not changed subsequently. TSA sick outs got too much press and the FAA is obviously pissed ATC was the same. But I don't think it would/could be changed retroactively.

I tried going back to find the wording that was used to backpay us before (January 2018 ) but couldn't find anything just yet.

Back
Top Bottom