Government Shutdown

I’m still confused why Mexico isn’t paying for this wall. That was his whole campaign.... why aren’t they paying for it? Has Trump even responded to that question yet? I’m sure it’s been asked, but I have yet to hear Trump’s answer. He was so adamant before, what happened!? Wasn’t that why Trump had voters in the first place? Everyone wanted to see how he could get that done.... the ultimate negotiator... haha!

I’m still confused why Mexico isn’t paying for this wall. That was his whole campaign.... why aren’t they paying for it? Has Trump even responded to that question yet? I’m sure it’s been asked, but I have yet to hear Trump’s answer. He was so adamant before, what happened!? Wasn’t that why Trump had voters in the first place? Everyone wanted to see how he could get that done.... the ultimate negotiator... haha!

USMCA :yay:

181130-g20-trump-pena-nieto-trudeau-mn-0835_8a6ff26accf766e9c025585144a297ae.fit-760w.jpg

He claims they will pay for it through tariffs, which 1) hasn't passed Congress yet and 2) is complete gibberish since US importers, and ultimately consumers, will shoulder the burden of tariffs.

I don’t think you will see more sick hits with the use of leave being approved with the backpay bill. Now if they weren’t charging leave then 100% yes.
Perhaps not from us, but the bottom line is with what they are getting paid it just encourages it all the more.

Has anyone mentioned That a controller can go “lose their medical” which ultimately leads you to being put on admin time—resulting into being furloughed? You’re now guaranteed to be back paid (as of yesterday’s bill signing) and now you can spend your furloughed time working a side job.

I’m aware it’s a dick move, but if you’re living pay check to pay check and need money now to support your family. Meat is meat, and a mans gotta eat.

On another note— what if you’re medical expires next week because you were due to get your physical to see the flight surgeon?? Are you able to go see them? Admin is suppose to schedule an appt.

On another note— what if you’re medical expires next week because you were due to get your physical to see the flight surgeon?? Are you able to go see them? Admin is suppose to schedule an appt.

Idk if his was scheduled before the shutdown but we had someone get their physical this week

Has anyone mentioned That a controller can go “lose their medical” which ultimately leads you to being put on admin time—resulting into being furloughed? You’re now guaranteed to be back paid (as of yesterday’s bill signing) and now you can spend your furloughed time working a side job.

I’m aware it’s a dick move, but if you’re living pay check to pay check and need money now to support your family. Meat is meat, and a mans gotta eat.

Is it as much of a dick move as keeping the government shut down and forcing people to work with no idea when their pay check is coming?

I did my medical as well this month although it was scheduled before the shutdown.

I mean, you couuulllldddd lose your medical. The question then is would you prefer to deal with regaining your medical over dealing with 0% loans that a good portion of banks are offering us.

USMCA includes no new tariffs on Mexico. It’s just another lie out of the administration. 100% of the wall is being put on the backs of American taxpayers and government employee pawns.

Look into the automobile manufacturing side, it's intended to either drive production back into the US or institute additional tariffs on importers.

While there aren't any new tariffs, the qualifications for non-tariff products have become more strict. Particularly in regards to manufacturers using cheap labor in Mexico.

I don’t think you will see more sick hits with the use of leave being approved with the backpay bill. Now if they weren’t charging leave then 100% yes.
So I'm trying to wrap my head around this. They approved the back pay for everyone, but they haven't defined yet whether or not any leave you used will become "Admin" time or will you just be charged whatever leave type you used?

No such thing as paid leave during a shutdown, so either way this is kinda weird, one of those wait and see situations.

Back
Top Bottom