Government Shutdown

Did it tho? For future shutdowns?
Yes. Remember everyone was all pissed at my main man Rand for trying to get that wording removed? He rightfully acknowledged it would encourage more government shutdowns in the future with less political incentive for a timely resolution if everyone was already guaranteed backpay.

Edit for correction: It was Thomas Massie and Justin Amash I was thinking of, not Rand.

Last edited:
Yes. Remember everyone was all pissed at my main man Rand for trying to get that wording removed? He rightfully acknowledged it would encourage more government shutdowns in the future with less political incentive for a timely resolution if everyone was already guaranteed backpay.

Edit for correction: It was Thomas Massie and Justin Amash I was thinking of, not Rand.
Didn’t this also make it so paid leave could be approved, and thus the free leave cycle for shutdowns is at an end?

Nah bro thats fucked up. The free leave scam during govt shutdowns needs to end. Scammers gonna scam while people who still show up to work get effed in the a.

Twas bid leave dude, expect me to turn in my bid leave just because the government shutdown?

The reason we couldn’t take leave before was because it is a paid status.
Yeah but I'm not sure if now were still getting paid like normal or if we still go into furlough status and at the end of the shutdown, we are guaranteed backpay. I think it might be the latter because government shutdowns still freeze funding until new budgets are passed. The only thing that might be different is if we are authorized to use the Aviation Trust fund during the shutdown or whatever.

Yeah but I'm not sure if now were still getting paid like normal or if we still go into furlough status and at the end of the shutdown, we are guaranteed backpay. I think it might be the latter because government shutdowns still freeze funding until new budgets are passed. The only thing that might be different is if we are authorized to use the Aviation Trust fund during the shutdown or whatever.
Gotcha, that would make some sense if they worded shit that way lol. Let’s find out, shut ‘er down!

Twas bid leave dude, expect me to turn in my bid leave just because the government shutdown?
Nah I read/understood your response wrong. Nothing wrong with getting bid primetime leave for free during a shutdown, but I have a huge problem for people who take sick leave and aren't charged during the shutdowns.

Nah I read/understood your response wrong. Nothing wrong with getting bid primetime leave for free during a shutdown, but I have a huge problem for people who take sick leave and aren't charged during the shutdowns.

I agree that shits dirty

Nah bro thats fucked up. The free leave scam during govt shutdowns needs to end. Scammers gonna scam while people who still show up to work get effed in the a.
Don’t we all get effed in the a when we don’t get paid for two paychecks?

Maybe just not have government shutdowns to begin with. Make them have a budget (not a CR for years and years). If an agreement can’t be made, have the prior year’s automatically roll over. Then, if/when an agreement is not reached on the budget, ALL members of Congress lose their seats and are ineligible to run the following Fall (special election) for their now vacated seat.

I know people who bid that time of the year just hoping for a shutdown lol. If it doesn’t happen they just cancel it.

*abused the shit out of sick leave
I was able to scam eight days of “annual” leave on the last shut down. I didn’t bang though. I was fully expecting this administration to come down hard on people who did. (Never happened)

Did it tho? For future shutdowns?
Yeah during the last shutdown it was guaranteed pay for federal employees. Prior you only were guaranteed if you work, now it's free vacay

Don’t we all get effed in the a when we don’t get paid for two paychecks?

Maybe just not have government shutdowns to begin with. Make them have a budget (not a CR for years and years). If an agreement can’t be made, have the prior year’s automatically roll over. Then, if/when an agreement is not reached on the budget, ALL members of Congress lose their seats and are ineligible to run the following Fall (special election) for their now vacated seat.
If they can't get a budget they fired or can't leave the senate floor

Back
Top Bottom