HAZARD PAY for Covid-19 Pandemic?

I had to bring this thread back up since I seen it mentioned again in another topic. Do you think there is a chance they might try to negotiate retroactive hazard with the next contract under Mayor Pete? Maybe make it for those who worked and were not on EA?

I’m not sure if the contract of the right time to address that or if it would have to be separate, but it can be argued. People see that 25% hazard pay rate and shut it down as the costs would be nuts, but the contract says the max hazard pay can be is 25%. If NATCA argued for a lower rate, 10% or even 5%, that might make it more realistic. They could even get super technical so it don’t just look like a money grab. Only give it or give it at a higher rate to facilities in “red” zones, only give it certain months when the numbers were raging, give more to facilities where people actually got COVID, etc.....

Im not saying controllers deserve it more then many other jobs, but they are about to pass a $1.9 Trillion COVID bill again. Apparently there are billions and billions left from the previous bills unspent and not accounted yet where the money will go. Maybe this is an idea to this one billion or so at.

I had to bring this thread back up since I seen it mentioned again in another topic. Do you think there is a chance they might try to negotiate retroactive hazard with the next contract under Mayor Pete? Maybe make it for those who worked and were not on EA?

I’m not sure if the contract of the right time to address that or if it would have to be separate, but it can be argued. People see that 25% hazard pay rate and shut it down as the costs would be nuts, but the contract says the max hazard pay can be is 25%. If NATCA argued for a lower rate, 10% or even 5%, that might make it more realistic. They could even get super technical so it don’t just look like a money grab. Only give it or give it at a higher rate to facilities in “red” zones, only give it certain months when the numbers were raging, give more to facilities where people actually got COVID, etc.....

Im not saying controllers deserve it more then many other jobs, but they are about to pass a $1.9 Trillion COVID bill again. Apparently there are billions and billions left from the previous bills unspent and not accounted yet where the money will go. Maybe this is an idea to this one billion or so at.
25% for time worked seems ok.

25% for whole time seems like overkill, but I'd take it

Back
Top Bottom