Housing

when i was there a few years ago i stayed at the residence inn

Housing - Student Services this is the list i used to find housing, they do know who the faa is. you just call the point of contact and be like hey so can i stay there for the 62.50 a day or not and if they say yes then its a match

while i like and still use marriott, hyatt might have a better rewards system for someone (id switch if i stayed at hotels more often but im trying to bank points for a vacay thru marriott). hyatt has a status match with mgm so if you get to their first tier you can get pearl status which gets you free parking at mgm properties if you're ever in vegas

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but if you stay at a ‘non-approved’ housing provider like Kim’s, where the FAA pays her directly, you just get your per diem and use it as you like. Residence Inn doesn’t care, or even know about the FAA. But again, the Bonvoy points program is very good
Got the bonvoy credit card and that is all set up. Now trying to figure out do I go through E2 or does someone else handle housing

Housing - Student Services this is the list i used to find housing, they do know who the faa is. you just call the point of contact and be like hey so can i stay there for the 62.50 a day or not and if they say yes then its a match

while i like and still use marriott, hyatt might have a better rewards system for someone (id switch if i stayed at hotels more often but im trying to bank points for a vacay thru marriott). hyatt has a status match with mgm so if you get to their first tier you can get pearl status which gets you free parking at mgm properties if you're ever in vegas

The Marriot in downtown OKC is on the list. I emailed that point of contact yet to hear back. I may have to call... That's the one I want to go to. Since I'll have a car and all.

Is the Marriott you used on the bus route?

Yeah so far two Marriotts I called want to charge me the government rate of 104.00 per night.... They were like yeah we don't take the 62.50 long term rate 🙄
They have an FAA person to talk to. 405 201 6697 her name is Cindy. She handles faa stuff for 18 Marriotts in the area… the warning I have, is that marriot is not doing well with that rate, they have a huge demand for it and they may very soon stop accepting faa long term. I’d call her and see if she has anything for you

They have an FAA person to talk to. 405 201 6697 her name is Cindy. She handles faa stuff for 18 Marriotts in the area… the warning I have, is that marriot is not doing well with that rate, they have a huge demand for it and they may very soon stop accepting faa long term. I’d call her and see if she has anything for you
Thanks for the heads up... So if they don't do the long term option... The FAA wouldn't reimburse me at all if I stay there?

Thanks for the heads up... So if they don't do the long term option... The FAA wouldn't reimburse me at all if I stay there?
They reimburse you the same that they reimburse all FAA employees. The long term rate you get no matter where you stay.

Heading to academy in November in the terminal class. I’ve heard try staying at Kim’s or a hotel. Anyone willing to give me their preference?

Heading to academy in November in the terminal class. I’ve heard try staying at Kim’s or a hotel. Anyone willing to give me their preference?
if you’re into the NFL, stay at FAA Crash Pads; they had Sunday Ticket when I was there and they’re closest to MMAC. More importantly, they’re close to Tacos Don Nacho.

I'd definitely recommend Kim's. Had a few stay at a hotel and rack up the reward points. Used their free nights when they got to their new center while looking around for apartments. But they drove a bit for groceries and study sessions, all of which are easier to do at Kim's.

Back
Top Bottom