HR-6800

Gusher

HR-6800 passed the House with some mention towards Federal Employees, including $13 per hour hazard pay. More interestingly was a blurb about ATC and Special Retirement. It mentions ATC and Firefighters staying under the Special Retirement if they are unable to continue those duties due to testing positive to COVID-19. Are people losing medicals for testing positive or having the antibodies?

This hasn’t passed the Senate and promise of a Veto by the POTUS, but that is based on funding for the USPS, none of the rest.

HR-6800 passed the House with some mention towards Federal Employees, including $13 per hour hazard pay. More interestingly was a blurb about ATC and Special Retirement. It mentions ATC and Firefighters staying under the Special Retirement if they are unable to continue those duties due to testing positive to COVID-19. Are people losing medicals for testing positive or having the antibodies?

This hasn’t passed the Senate and promise of a Veto by the POTUS, but that is based on funding for the USPS, none of the rest.
Where are you seeing the $13 an hour? The section on Special Retirement, if I am reading this right, is for those who contracted the COVID-19 and are unable to continue working. Lots of information here so I want to make sure I am reading this right as the bill seems unusually convoluted.

Where are you seeing the $13 an hour? The section on Special Retirement, if I am reading this right, is for those who contracted the COVID-19 and are unable to continue working. Lots of information here so I want to make sure I am reading this right as the bill seems unusually convoluted.

Page search "Per Hour".
Should be page 1603 line 17

Page search "Per Hour".
Should be page 1603 line 17
Thank you!

SEC. 170202. PANDEMIC DUTY DIFFERENTIAL.
(a) IN GENERAL.—There is established a schedule of pay differentials for covered duty as follows: (1) Subject to the availability of amounts provided in this title, and the conditions of subsection 12
(b)(3), an employee is entitled to pay for that covered duty at the rate of basic pay, which includes 14 any differential or other premium pay paid for regularly scheduled work of the employee other than the 16 differential established under this section, of the employee plus premium pay of $13 per hour. (2) The total amount of premium pay paid to an employee under paragraph (1) shall be— 20 (A) with respect to an employee whose annual rate of basic pay is less than $200,000, 22 not more than $10,000 reduced by employer 23 payroll taxes (as defined in section 170101(4)) 24 with respect to such premium pay; and •HR 6800 EH 1 (B) with respect to an employee whose annual rate of basic pay is not less than 3 $200,000, not more than $5,000 reduced by employer payroll taxes (as so defined) with respect to such premium pay.
(b) PAY.— 7 (1) IN GENERAL.—With respect to the covered period, an employee is entitled to be paid the applicable differential established under subsection (a) for any period, including any period during the covered period that precedes the date of enactment of this Act, in which the employee is carrying out covered 13 duty, subject to the applicable limitations under that subsection.
(2) RETROACTIVE PAYMENT.—With respect to a payment earned by an employee under this section for a period during the covered period that precedes the date of enactment of this Act, the employee shall be paid that payment in a lump sum payment as soon as is practicable after that date of enactment. (3) LIMITATION ON ENTITLEMENT.—An employee shall be entitled to be paid the applicable differential established under subsection (a) only to the extent that amounts provided in this title will be made available to such employee’s agency pursuant •HR 6800 EH 1 to section 170204(c)(1) in an amount sufficient to provide such applicable differential to all such eligible employees.

Last edited:

Think it pertains to this, pentagon recommended not to hire coronavirus survivors, it doesn't mention the FAA but it's possible they followed suit. I doubt it'll last long considering such a large percentage of our population will have the virus, it isn't realistic to disqualify that many people.

Think it pertains to this, pentagon recommended not to hire coronavirus survivors, it doesn't mention the FAA but it's possible they followed suit. I doubt it'll last long considering such a large percentage of our population will have the virus, it isn't realistic to disqualify that many people.

I’m sure that’s a stop-gap until more is understood about the long-term effects. Long term blanket dismissal of those who tested positive wouldn’t make sense since there is so many people who have had it but were astmptomatic or had mild symptoms and either never knew or never got tested.

I’m sure that’s a stop-gap until more is understood about the long-term effects. Long term blanket dismissal of those who tested positive wouldn’t make sense since there is so many people who have had it but were astmptomatic or had mild symptoms and either never knew or never got tested.
They literally changed it the next day. It’s only for people who have been hospitalized

We were told that we are going to 5/5, at the end of June.

Have you been on normal schedules this whole time? I was referring to facilities That were never able to go to a compressed schedule. They didn’t get extra time off mentioned above.

We don’t deserve the hazard pay, we received our reward with the extra time off. Though if it was up to me, I would rather have worked though with normal hours with the hazard pay.

this makes no sense. Its not a reward, its compensation. you wouldn't say we don't deserve night diff because we had sunday pay. Or no sunday pay because there was a holiday. Its not mutually exclusive. You obviously would not get Hazard pay for the days you spent at home playing World of Warcraft and Larping!

this makes no sense. Its not a reward, its compensation. you wouldn't say we don't deserve night diff because we had sunday pay. Or no sunday pay because there was a holiday. Its not mutually exclusive. You obviously would not get Hazard pay for the days you spent at home playing World of Warcraft and Larping!
Only people who play as Alliance on World of Warcraft LARP as well.

Dude, we already received our reward when we were hired, this is the #bestjobintheworld, we get plenty of incentives and perks and I support the hazard pay argument it just looks like we got a whole lot of extra days off for nothing.

We should also get hazard pay for doing our job to keep the nas safe by staying home

Back
Top Bottom