Is it just a waiting game now?

MineralWater

Lurker
Hi all,

I applied for an ATC position during the Summer of 2019 and from then to about January 2020 I finished most of the pre-employment checklists. I've completed the tests and medical exams. I've taken the drug tests and requested my military records, but I haven't heard anything since around October 2020. It has dawned on me that everything moves very slowly during this process. For example, it took over a month just to get my drug test scheduled.

I've contacted my POC three times and have not received a response and now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm starting to think that my requisition may have been canceled, but wouldn't they just send me an quick email if that happened? I mean, it seems like a huge amount of work on the FAA's part just to get through all this work and not shoot me an email saying they've changed their mind on my employment.

Not quite sure what I should do. Is it just a waiting game now?

Thanks.

Covid definitely slowed it down. I would just keep on trying to reach out. Try looking at your bid on usajobs and see if there is another phone number to call on there. Maybe your POC is not working there anymore or on leave or something.

You need to call someone. They're scheduling class dates for the January 2020 bid so if you got a TOL from the June 2019 bid then you've likely gotten lost in the system
This 100%. If you weren’t Tier 2’ed or anything you need to take initiative and reach out to whom ever will listen. Start with the people listed above, and email your POC weekly.

Hi all,

I applied for an ATC position during the Summer of 2019 and from then to about January 2020 I finished most of the pre-employment checklists. I've completed the tests and medical exams. I've taken the drug tests and requested my military records, but I haven't heard anything since around October 2020. It has dawned on me that everything moves very slowly during this process. For example, it took over a month just to get my drug test scheduled.

I've contacted my POC three times and have not received a response and now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm starting to think that my requisition may have been canceled, but wouldn't they just send me an quick email if that happened? I mean, it seems like a huge amount of work on the FAA's part just to get through all this work and not shoot me an email saying they've changed their mind on my employment.

Thanks.
How do you get your military medical records requested to be sent to the FAA? Can you send your own copy to the FAA?

Why is there no need for my military medical records? It seems like they will ask for it based on some peoples responses here..
This is the first I hear of it.
I don’t see the need for the FAA to weed through your whole medical record. I do know they ask for an SF 15, which you do yourself.

Based on that they’ll ask you what you claimed for disability to see if those conditions will hinder you as a controller. For example: I put down general allergies so they asked what meds I was prescribed/taking for it. This was before I had my medical exam.

Your medical record should only go to the VA, in my own experience.

Hi all,

Thanks.
I applied 2018, didn't reach the academy until April 2021 mostly because of COVID. Call alot and just be patient

Back
Top Bottom