Is switching from controller to supervisor for better money/transfer chances worth it?

Gotta get this out of your head. Doesn’t matter if you are best controller in the building to anyone up the food chain in upper management. You are a number, that’s it.

The only person that it may matter to about you being a good controller is the immediate supervisor on that shift, if they think
putting you at the more complex position will keep traffic flowing and them out of trouble. Otherwise it isn’t worth dick.

Hopefully at the end of screwing you over and throwing the weaker person on data or whatever, they at least remember enough to give you a decent ‘shove’ Otherwise they are just like the rest.

We are all just numbers.
This is 100% true, it’s why I put no additional effort into becoming “the best controller in the buildings” in terms of working traffic. As long as I (and you) are safe and not providing a terrible service, the June raise is 1.6% no matter how good or bad you are, and the January one is the same as everyone else in the government too.

This don’t mean that I don’t and you shouldn’t contribute to the facilities in other ways like doing some of the NATCA shit that is interesting to you, workgroups that can benefit the facility, recurrent training rep if you want to get away twice a year, etc…. but there is no incentive to become the best controller. We called them “Atlas Controllers” on here a few years back, guy who try ti take the whole facility operations on their shoulders.

This is 100% true, it’s why I put no additional effort into becoming “the best controller in the buildings” in terms of working traffic. As long as I (and you) are safe and not providing a terrible service, the June raise is 1.6% no matter how good or bad you are, and the January one is the same as everyone else in the government too.

This don’t mean that I don’t and you shouldn’t contribute to the facilities in other ways like doing some of the NATCA shit that is interesting to you, workgroups that can benefit the facility, recurrent training rep if you want to get away twice a year, etc…. but there is no incentive to become the best controller. We called them “Atlas Controllers” on here a few years back, guy who try ti take the whole facility operations on their shoulders.
What about the sense of pride in knowing you provided a sense of service to all the families hoping to get home? This new generation and their bare minimum attitudes.

yea it’s sad. Loser talk, honestly. Lol is no one competitive anymore?
That's what I'm saying you get to tell people that you're the best and have such a stressful job. Like I can't wait to go home and beat my dog and slam a bottle (only 1 hour to do it on the turns after all) after keeping sector's combined and getting no in trail. My wife loves me go getem attitude

That's what I'm saying you get to tell people that you're the best and have such a stressful job. Like I can't wait to go home and beat my dog and slam a bottle (only 1 hour to do it on the turns after all) after keeping sector's combined and getting no in trail. My wife loves me go getem attitude

Bruh. Stop the 🧢

Back
Top Bottom