Jobs other than ATC

Why would you want to torture yourself like that?
Just want to go home and can’t get out of my facility for the death of me….wouldn’t even be a pay increase and I’d be working 50x harder than I am rn and to me still seems worth it ??‍♂️

Just want to go home and can’t get out of my facility for the death of me….wouldn’t even be a pay increase and I’d be working 50x harder than I am rn and to me still seems worth it ??‍♂️
I feel ya. I been trying to get to P50 for years. But NCEPT ruined that. I used to work at CHD. I’ve thought about moving back to CHD or IWA. I had a job offer last year but decided against it

Time for the wife to leave ya and take the kids back home…..
If only I had a hardship that simple waiting for me ?

I feel ya. I been trying to get to P50 for years. But NCEPT ruined that. I used to work at CHD. I’ve thought about moving back to CHD or IWA. I had a job offer last year but decided against it
Yeah I wouldn’t mind CHD I’m just tired of waiting for the FAA to get their shit together lol. Plus that AZ weather just can’t be beaten I’ll lose my pension for sunshine ?

The only way for current cpc to get to Phoenix is via management

The only way for current cpc to get to Phoenix is via management
It’s actually a great time to get to Deer Valley since they’re prioritizing Level 9’s in round 2 of NCEPT. Plus they don’t run level 9 traffic anymore. Win-win

Reviving this thread for more ideas on jobs where ATC experience would be a big plus. Bonus for remote jobs. Posting for a friend.

Reviving this thread for more ideas on jobs where ATC experience would be a big plus. Bonus for remote jobs. Posting for a friend.
Perhaps some airline gig like this?

For a "friend".... but seriously I've been looking for a minute and there really isn't much outside of train dispatch. The big airlines have an ATC group in the operations dept but it's near impossible to get in unless you know the right people. CBP has Detention Enforcement Officers, I spoke to a recruiter and they will accept your application even if you aren't prior military. I believe they work out of March ARB, and somewhere in the Caribbean. Someone posted about the job on here a while back you may be able to find something through a search.

For a "friend".... but seriously I've been looking for a minute and there really isn't much outside of train dispatch. The big airlines have an ATC group in the operations dept but it's near impossible to get in unless you know the right people. CBP has Detention Enforcement Officers, I spoke to a recruiter and they will accept your application even if you aren't prior military. I believe they work out of March ARB, and somewhere in the Caribbean. Someone posted about the job on here a while back you may be able to find something through a search.

I can tell you first hand that application process is currently paused, but they are based out of Riverside CA.

I have a buddy, former controller, who does train dispatching now. Started in Atlanta and now works in Dallas. Six figure gig and he seems to love it enough to not put in for the FAA.

He said it was pretty much exactly like ATC if ATC were 2D and the .65 was more of a recommendation rather than law.

Back
Top Bottom