Leaving NATCA outside January

The FAA didn’t get billions of dollars through the Infrastructure bill? I don’t know why your facility isn’t getting any of it.
Screenshot_20221120_133034.jpgYou need to go research how money is appropriated. The pork infrastructure bill gives the FAA $1 Billion per year for 5 years for ATC. That money is then split up again and again to be used/applied for/allocated all across the NAS. Here is a handy break down of that money. (For perspective. The current price to build a new combined tower/radar facility is $90,000,000+.) (Notice how "shit that breaks everyday" isn't on that break down.)

They arent just giving ATMs and tech ops managers money to be spent how that individual sees fit.

View attachment 8144You need to go research how money is appropriated. The pork infrastructure bill gives the FAA $1 Billion per year for 5 years for ATC. That money is then split up again and again to be used/applied for/allocated all across the NAS. Here is a handy break down of that money. (For perspective. The current price to build a new combined tower/radar facility is $90,000,000+.) (Notice how "shit that breaks everyday" isn't on that break down.)

They arent just giving ATMs and tech ops managers money to be spent how that individual sees fit.
Idk m8. I haven’t had something break and not get replaced.

View attachment 8144You need to go research how money is appropriated. The pork infrastructure bill gives the FAA $1 Billion per year for 5 years for ATC. That money is then split up again and again to be used/applied for/allocated all across the NAS. Here is a handy break down of that money. (For perspective. The current price to build a new combined tower/radar facility is $90,000,000+.) (Notice how "shit that breaks everyday" isn't on that break down.)

Bet that 10 mil is for 1.3 atc towers.

That $10 Million to replace towers number is hilarious lol. You can’t even significantly upgrade one for that much.
They’re probably wanting the airport operator to front the majority of the costs and then just sign a long lease for cheap. That way when infrastructure needs repaired they can say “well, that’s the airports property, they need to fix it.”

They’re probably wanting the airport operator to front the majority of the costs and then just sign a long lease for cheap. That way when infrastructure needs repaired they can say “well, that’s the airports property, they need to fix it.”
Supposedly the FAA wants to lease as little as possible, which is why they try to consolidate via 804 to FAA owned and operated buildings. I actually think that's a good thing being that my fac currently leases from the county and everything is dilapidated and shitty. County does the bare minimum and doesn't fix shit because they're broke and don't want to spend money unless absolutely necessary.

Idk m8. I haven’t had something break and not get replaced.
So you admit you don't know shit, but keep posting BS on the subject. Come on man.

Supposedly the FAA wants to lease as little as possible, which is why they try to consolidate via 804 to FAA owned and operated buildings. I actually think that's a good thing being that my fac currently leases from the county and everything is dilapidated and shitty. County does the bare minimum and doesn't fix shit because they're broke and don't want to spend money unless absolutely necessary.
The FAA literally won't take a free facility from a sponsor owner. They want nothing to do with actually owning the facilities.

So you admit you don't know shit, but keep posting BS on the subject. Come on man.

The FAA literally won't take a free facility from a sponsor owner. They want nothing to do with actually owning the facilities.
Nah dude you’re just saying the FAA has no money even tho they just got the biggest cash infusion in decades

Just saw an FAA news article go by about how IWA, a contract facility, just got $30MM for a new tower...
They're also going to be going FAA after it's built.. at least last I heard about a year ago when I was working next door.

They're also going to be going FAA after it's built.. at least last I heard about a year ago when I was working next door.
Do all those contract controllers just get a golden ticket or the FAA says thank you for your service and then fills it with new hires

Do all those contract controllers just get a golden ticket or the FAA says thank you for your service and then fills it with new hires
No idea, I don't think they had any clue at the time either. I would imagine they give the option to the qualified eligible controllers to walk into the FAA.. but you know how it goes.

It’s almost time again who’s filing 1188’s this next month?!!

What has NATCA been doing? Haven’t seen any significant changes since the slate book originally came out…..in 2016 and we’re left with it for a few more years. Why didn’t they negotiate.
Damn can’t believe it’s been a year since this. Felt like yesterday we were all stuck on Covid training and leaving the union

Back
Top Bottom