Leaving NATCA outside January

Dolan

Forum Sage
Hey a friend just tried this with HR citing the FLRA cases and got shut down hard. No leaving the union except via the unions terms. Anyone have any insight on this? I thought you could just call and stop having dues withheld

Hey a friend just tried this with HR citing the FLRA cases and got shut down hard. No leaving the union except via the unions terms. Anyone have any insight on this? I thought you could just call and stop having dues withheld
I believe contract says you can turn in 1188 Jan1-Jan31….it goes into effect March when they stop taking out the dues, it’s in the contracts and the FLRA doesn’t override contracts in place

Last edited:
the FLRA doesn’t override contracts in place
Eh, not quite. If the dues withholding was agreed to prior to Aug 10, 2020, you have to withdraw under the established rules. For any withholding started on or after Aug 10, 2020, you can withdraw at any point after one year from initiating the withholding.

Also, you can still file it at any point, it just has a date window that it becomes effective and dues stop being withheld.

Last edited:
Anyone else seeing the writing on the wall for the 2024 Election cycle?
We will get blasted with emails from NATCA about who we need to get elected who to call, email blah blah….in the meantime they will be so distracted by that, that they just go ahead and extend the contract again since it’s set to expire 2025. All the while making it look like it’s the greatest thing we’ve every gotten out of them and they didn’t have to do any new work to make the memberships lives better.

After reading what people been posting on other threads what is NATCA seniority mean for career progression? other than a work schedule and time off it means nothing.
NCEPT debacle never got rid of nepotism, also them pressuring the FAA on staffing yet they are curtailing the releases each and every round making it harder to move on because the FAA isn’t holding up their end of the bargain and getting more people in and are fine with shit staffing so people are getting stuck in places for years if not decades.
Don’t forget the prior experience hires we don’t have any way of verifying if they are reinstatements or military? Passing up people who have their ERR in to place being passed up consistently.

CIP to lots of desirable places that have lists of ERR and people wanting to go there, on top of that the people working at those facilities already make a lot of money but that CIP scam still in place. List never changes and RVP get real defensive if ya bring it up….scam.

Don’t forget about the GOFUNDME lol

Anyone else wondering what our dues are doing for us to try and improve this career field?

Anyone else seeing the writing on the wall for the 2024 Election cycle?
We will get blasted with emails from NATCA about who we need to get elected who to call, email blah blah….in the meantime they will be so distracted by that, that they just go ahead and extend the contract again since it’s set to expire 2025. All the while making it look like it’s the greatest thing we’ve every gotten out of them and they didn’t have to do any new work to make the memberships lives better.

After reading what people been posting on other threads what is NATCA seniority mean for career progression? other than a work schedule and time off it means nothing.
NCEPT debacle never got rid of nepotism, also them pressuring the FAA on staffing yet they are curtailing the releases each and every round making it harder to move on because the FAA isn’t holding up their end of the bargain and getting more people in and are fine with shit staffing so people are getting stuck in places for years if not decades.
Don’t forget the prior experience hires we don’t have any way of verifying if they are reinstatements or military? Passing up people who have their ERR in to place being passed up consistently.

CIP to lots of desirable places that have lists of ERR and people wanting to go there, on top of that the people working at those facilities already make a lot of money but that CIP scam still in place. List never changes and RVP get real defensive if ya bring it up….scam.

Don’t forget about the GOFUNDME lol

Anyone else wondering what our dues are doing for us to try and improve this career field?
Also all the locals have a ton of money since the local NATCA celebrities haven’t been able to travel for 2 years. They could be making our facility QOL better with that money but at least where I am it just sits

Also all the locals have a ton of money since the local NATCA celebrities haven’t been able to travel for 2 years. They could be making our facility QOL better with that money but at least where I am it just sits
100% agree with you on this. We at a small level 5 had over $6,000 that was before probably another one or two more deposits.
We had a zoom call so people could suggest how to spend some of the funds. Almost everything was tabled and that was back in May or voted no on except T-shirts. I suggested giftcards to restaurants since we couldn't get together outside of work and then with crap staffing maybe 4 people from the facility could actually be there when they allow us to do so. Majority didn’t wanted giftcards like WTF people are weird.

100% agree with you on this. We at a small level 5 had over $6,000 that was before probably another one or two more deposits.
We had a zoom call so people could suggest how to spend some of the funds. Almost everything was tabled and that was back in May or voted no on except T-shirts. I suggested giftcards to restaurants since we couldn't get together outside of work and then with crap staffing maybe 4 people from the facility could actually be there when they allow us to do so. Majority didn’t wanted giftcards like WTF people are weird.
Even like new Xbox’s and nicer TVs. But they are so worried that a non NATCA member is gonna play/use them. Except no one here cares about that and if a member is playing with a non member then who even cares. No one.

Even like new Xbox’s and nicer TVs. But they are so worried that a non NATCA member is gonna play/use them. Except no one here cares about that and if a member is playing with a non member then who even cares. No one.
A fiber line and 3 gaming PC’s ?

Lmao some die hard natca guys, well the ones that were die hard till natca continued to support vaccine mandate, those are the ones that care. I doubt it’ll continue now

It’s definitely frustrating being trapped where you’re at and the only way out is management. We’ve had three deviations approved to management that took us from 90% current CPC and put us down below the threshold. If those deviations hadn’t happened, two of us could’ve gotten out this last NCEPT. And these people aren’t even leaving the facility. All in-house management moves. Makes me question why I’m in the union if I could just go up to management and get where I need/want to be.

I just hate the idea of going management and not being able to control all day. Don’t want to micromanage people. Just wanna micromanage planes.

It’s definitely frustrating being trapped where you’re at and the only way out is management. We’ve had three deviations approved to management that took us from 90% current CPC and put us down below the threshold. If those deviations hadn’t happened, two of us could’ve gotten out this last NCEPT. And these people aren’t even leaving the facility. All in-house management moves. Makes me question why I’m in the union if I could just go up to management and get where I need/want to be.

I just hate the idea of going management and not being able to control all day. Don’t want to micromanage people. Just wanna micromanage planes.
Bid DOD jobs bro, it’s amazing. M-F Holidays off, Annual can’t be denied, and there’s spot leave.

I've been pretty disappointed with Natca both national and local for a while. This past year I've been thinking it's time to run for office or quit the union. I've got little kids and care more about them and I like working traffic so most likely I'm filing to leave in January. I think my dues are all that matter to the Natca higher ups and witholding them might mean something if enough people do it. I've been wishing a bunch of people would quit so Natca would start caring about the rank and file opinions again. Never thought I'd even consider leaving the union - but here I am.

I've been pretty disappointed with Natca both national and local for a while. This past year I've been thinking it's time to run for office or quit the union. I've got little kids and care more about them and I like working traffic so most likely I'm filing to leave in January. I think my dues are all that matter to the Natca higher ups and witholding them might mean something if enough people do it. I've been wishing a bunch of people would quit so Natca would start caring about the rank and file opinions again. Never thought I'd even consider leaving the union - but here I am.
I’m right there with you. Also being stuck at a lower level place I feel like if what I pay in Union dues were transferred to the TSP there would be a better return on investment at this point.
Where I’m at running locally isn’t going to change the main problems that are frustrating so many at the National level. They don’t care about small facilities, or career progression they are all sitting fat on the hog already for years. I thought I felt like a number in the FAA but feel like a number in the Union on a excel spreadsheet.

There's no such thing as a deviation out of a 90% building

Bid DOD jobs bro, it’s amazing. M-F Holidays off, Annual can’t be denied, and there’s spot leave.
I second this. Keep your options open and look into DoD for career progression. You always have the “CPC-reinstatement directly to a facility” option back to FAA afterwards. Speaking from experience.

Back
Top Bottom