MARC Air Traffic Control Training Center

bdenny20

Anyone familiar with the name/organization? I learned of it when my disgruntled landlord asked me why I'm terminating my lease and going to OKC when there is a 'perfectly good ATC school right up the road at Eden Prairie'. I did eventually find the place on Google...took a while...but it looks like there was what seems to be an OKC alternative in KFCM that trained FAA controllers. Latest class I can find is '99 and it was active that decade.

Landlord is convinced I don't have to leave and I can just go to school here. He's not budging...that's my battle. The history aspect is intriguing though.

They've had some name changes over the years, but the most recent was Minneapolis Community and Technical College. The CTI program there basically ended in 2014 (I think they were still a program, but just didn't take any new students.)

MARC was a college degree program. OKC is FAA job training. Explain it to him like that. Even people who went to MARC had to go to OKC.

Anyone familiar with the name/organization? I learned of it when my disgruntled landlord asked me why I'm terminating my lease and going to OKC when there is a 'perfectly good ATC school right up the road at Eden Prairie'.

Mike Monroney is rolling in his grave! So dissss-respekt-full. Have the landlord call me. I'm very tactful and diplomatic on here. If that doesn't work I will sick the MAF facrep on him :lol:

Are you in a protected class? That's the thing to do nowadays. hopefully you can claim racism, sexism, some kind of phobia, get triggered and SUE SUE SUE this is America. And never ever let the details get in the way of a good story. You are a victim and you probably deserve treble damages.

giphy.gif

This thread got colorful. The history part is cool. The landlord isn't being a legitimate dick about it, but I'm a good renter so I expected a little lighthearted push back. You're right though, he probably thinks green wands are involved.

MCTC - stopped accepting students in 2014 or 15 I think, then shut the CTI program down due to the hiring changes. Pretty good program even after the faa stopped direct hire.

Marc program was a 4 month Enroute school located at FCM airport and was run by MCTC. The FAA hired directly from the program and students bypassed OKC (myself included) The FAA pulled funding in 2004 and the direct hire agreement was terminated. MCTC continued to operate the school as a cti program for about another 10 years but graduates had to go through the same process as any other cti school. MCTC pulled the cti program and left FCM 5 or 6 years ago.

Marc program was a 4 month Enroute school located at FCM airport and was run by MCTC. The FAA hired directly from the program and students bypassed OKC (myself included) The FAA pulled funding in 2004 and the direct hire agreement was terminated. MCTC continued to operate the school as a cti program for about another 10 years but graduates had to go through the same process as any other cti school. MCTC pulled the cti program and left FCM 5 or 6 years ago.

Wasn’t there some talk of something similar to this possibly going to happen at Beaver at some point in the past?

Wasn’t there some talk of something similar to this possibly going to happen at Beaver at some point in the past?
I'm not sure about Beaver. I can tell you that Marc was a great program with a high success rate. It's a shame it got cut.

Back
Top Bottom