March (Q2) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not unless you have a designated negotiated smoking room in your facility. And if you do it's only allowed there, not on position. Not that that stops people at my facility.

But you aren't allowed to smoke on position, are you?
Actually you can under certain circumstances. It's addressed in a old natca mou from the 90's.

Under normal circumstances no, but what does SMOKING (shit that we all breathe in / second hand SMOKE) have to do with SMOKELESS tobacco?

If you have asshats that are being lazy police yourselves up, say something. Don't be a douchebag that just bitches online. Hell you should encourage their habits. If you dislike them so much they might kick the bucket earlier than expected because of their habits.

States what exactly? Because I've been to plenty of facilities that have smoking rooms... In a government building.

5. Designated Smoke-Free Areas.
a.
FAA owned or leased vehicles.
b. Within a minimum of 25 feet of designated assembly points used in the event of an emergency evacuation or drill procedure. Tobacco product and ENDS use are not permitted prior to reaching a minimum of 25 feet of designated assembly points.
c. Buildings and facilities or portions of buildings and facilities that are owned, rented or leased by the FAA or assigned to the FAA by the General Services Administration. Additionally, tobacco products and ENDS use are prohibited in the following areas:
• All interior spaces owned, rented or leased by the FAA.
• Within a minimum of 25 feet of doorways.
• Within a minimum of 25 feet of air intake ducts on outdoor space to buildings and facilities.
• Courtyards.
• Space leased by or on behalf of the FAA located in a privately owned building.
6. Designated Smoking Areas.
a.
The FAA will designate and post signage to identify outdoor smoking areas that are reasonably accessible to employees and provide a measure of protection from the elements when possible.
b. Tobacco product and ENDS use areas will only be outdoors and away from common points of ingress and/or egress into the workplace. Tobacco product and ENDS use are not permitted prior to reaching designated smoking areas.
c. There are no designated smoking areas located indoors in FAA buildings, unless permitted through negotiated agreement. Tobacco product and ENDS use is prohibited inside FAA facilities, including but not limited to: hallways, stairways, restrooms, telephone booths/areas, or private offices.
d. FAA will not require employees to enter designated smoking areas during business hours unless emergency/evacuation procedures require it..
e. Any area not specifically designated by signage as a smoking area is deemed a smoke-free area.

smoke-free definition according to the same HRPM:
c. Smoke-Free: Locations where tobacco product and ENDS use are prohibited.

this is not unclear. it isn't allowed. while they exist, its only one specific area and certainly not the control room. and I'm not saying that I care I'm just pointing out that it is clearly defined as not allowed and if they wanted you could absolutely be told to stop. and anyone complaining would win that argument.

Actually you can under certain circumstances. It's addressed in a old natca mou from the 90's.

Under normal circumstances no, but what does SMOKING (shit that we all breathe in / second hand SMOKE) have to do with SMOKELESS tobacco?

If you have asshats that are being lazy police yourselves up, say something. Don't be a douchebag that just bitches online. Hell you should encourage their habits. If you dislike them so much they might kick the bucket earlier than expected because of their habits.

this MOU was cancelled.

5. Designated Smoke-Free Areas.
a.
FAA owned or leased vehicles.
b. Within a minimum of 25 feet of designated assembly points used in the event of an emergency evacuation or drill procedure. Tobacco product and ENDS use are not permitted prior to reaching a minimum of 25 feet of designated assembly points.
c. Buildings and facilities or portions of buildings and facilities that are owned, rented or leased by the FAA or assigned to the FAA by the General Services Administration. Additionally, tobacco products and ENDS use are prohibited in the following areas:
• All interior spaces owned, rented or leased by the FAA.
• Within a minimum of 25 feet of doorways.
• Within a minimum of 25 feet of air intake ducts on outdoor space to buildings and facilities.
• Courtyards.
• Space leased by or on behalf of the FAA located in a privately owned building.
6. Designated Smoking Areas.
a.
The FAA will designate and post signage to identify outdoor smoking areas that are reasonably accessible to employees and provide a measure of protection from the elements when possible.
b. Tobacco product and ENDS use areas will only be outdoors and away from common points of ingress and/or egress into the workplace. Tobacco product and ENDS use are not permitted prior to reaching designated smoking areas.
c. There are no designated smoking areas located indoors in FAA buildings, unless permitted through negotiated agreement. Tobacco product and ENDS use is prohibited inside FAA facilities, including but not limited to: hallways, stairways, restrooms, telephone booths/areas, or private offices.
d. FAA will not require employees to enter designated smoking areas during business hours unless emergency/evacuation procedures require it..
e. Any area not specifically designated by signage as a smoking area is deemed a smoke-free area.

smoke-free definition according to the same HRPM:
c. Smoke-Free: Locations where tobacco product and ENDS use are prohibited.

this is not unclear. it isn't allowed. while they exist, its only one specific area and certainly not the control room. and I'm not saying that I care I'm just pointing out that it is clearly defined as not allowed and if they wanted you could absolutely be told to stop. and anyone complaining would win that argument.
Do me a favor and read after the number 5. Designated smoke-free areas. Has absolutely nothing to do with chew... I don't chew just playing devil's advocate.

Didn’t a mod just come in here and say take the tobacco talk somewhere else?

Do me a favor and read after the number 5. Designated smoke-free areas. Has absolutely nothing to do with chew... I don't chew just playing devil's advocate.

do me a favor and read the definition from the same document I also provided at the bottom.

if the term tobacco products doesn't really explain it for you, it further specifies:
d. Tobacco product use: Any product made or derived from tobacco that is intended for consumption, or any non-combustible marketed nicotine delivery products that simulate smoking through ENDS or may generate emissions, airborne mists, vapors, or potentially harmful chemicals. Dissolvables, gels, hookah tobacco, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco; smokeless tobacco such as chewing tobacco, chaw or nasal snuff etc.; flavored tobacco or synthetic tobacco are some examples of tobacco products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom