Medical

Stanley

Who is responsible for ensuring that our medicals are up to date? Is management responsible for letting us know or are we supposed to remind them to get paperwork in order?

Management tells you when to go. But it’s every other year on your birthday month. So if you don’t get anything you can ask. Your second medical could be as early as 13 months after you first one depending on when you got your first medical and when your birthday is.

The flight doc should send you back with the signed form saying you passed, that you hand in to management. No other confirmation needed as far as I know.
I got one from the flight Doc I saw but it said it was a temporary only good for 1 month past the exam date. I guess I will get an official pass from the FAA flight Doc?

I got one from the flight Doc I saw but it said it was a temporary only good for 1 month past the exam date. I guess I will get an official pass from the FAA flight Doc?
The only proof I've ever had that I have a medical was the sheet of paper the flight surgeon handed to me after my exam, which I immediately gave to my sup. Unlike pilots, we don't have to worry about having our medicals on us at all times. I've never received any sort of "official pass" for my ATC medical.

Back
Top Bottom