Michael Redmond for EVP

Intriguing, I like a lot of what he is saying but I would like some clarification on somethings. Wonder if he was a Jim fan... Seems to have made the r/atc2 reddit as well.

His point about only collaborating if we actually get a benefit is exactly what we need. We aren’t getting anything right now.
my brother in christ what do you think the FAA will do? only collab when natca gets something?

"Part of the reasoning of me deciding to run is the simple fact that after the 5 Center upgrade/not upgrade announcement myself and several others from my facility emailed the board and asked them to unite and send out a statement from the whole NEB to solidify that they all believe in working towards getting the 5 Centers upgraded. Our ask wasn't even making promises, just the fact of putting in writing that they would all work towards doing what they are elected to do as one moving forward. While several members of the Board have had telephone discussions with myself and some of the union members who wrote them as well, the board as a whole still will not make a statement together. This shows the level of dysfunction at the NEB level and the lack of doing the basics of what they are elected for."

This isn't good.

"Part of the reasoning of me deciding to run is the simple fact that after the 5 Center upgrade/not upgrade announcement myself and several others from my facility emailed the board and asked them to unite and send out a statement from the whole NEB to solidify that they all believe in working towards getting the 5 Centers upgraded. Our ask wasn't even making promises, just the fact of putting in writing that they would all work towards doing what they are elected to do as one moving forward. While several members of the Board have had telephone discussions with myself and some of the union members who wrote them as well, the board as a whole still will not make a statement together. This shows the level of dysfunction at the NEB level and the lack of doing the basics of what they are elected for."

This isn't good.
I'm sure the NEB will clarify a few years down the line when they realize not enough information was shared properly during the next election. Like how the current RVPs are BSing why we couldn't negotiate with the Trump EOs...

Last edited:

This isn't good.
That’s a classic Natca move just addressing the complainer directly instead of putting real information out.

I like him if for nothing else because his name is NOT Jamaal or Mick.

I do agree with the point on collaboration too, the current system is worthless. The union either rubber stamps whatever the agency wants, or they make suggestions through various workgroups that the FAA just decides to ignore. Either way, the workforce always gets the short end of the stick.

This isn't good.
I think without context, the NEB putting out that statement would really piss off people not at a 12 or one of those facilities.

I’m if we aren’t getting anything at all then it’s not collaboration. NCEPT totally shit down center transfer while they take unlimited sups. It’s not working.
Aren't you the one that complains about natca pushing the FAA to fix their hiring claiming that isn't "natcas job" but then turn around and complain about no movement because the FAA failed to hire and staff correctly

I think without context, the NEB putting out that statement would really piss off people not at a 12 or one of those facilities.
Explain more

Aren't you the one that complains about natca pushing the FAA to fix their hiring claiming that isn't "natcas job" but then turn around and complain about no movement because the FAA failed to hire and staff correctly
Yah. What do you not understand. Natca should advocate for current members. The FAAs failures should have nothing to do with Natca and Natca shouldn’t try to fix their failures with broken NCEPT. They should be advocating for free movement. NCEPT is a bandaid on a broken system. CWRG EXCEL sheet is a bandaid on a broken system. The whole system needs to be changed from the ground up.

So the FAA didn’t hire and then they collaborate that we cannot transfer? So what are we getting out of the collaboration?

This guy is my area rep currently. Honestly couldn’t think of a better person for VP. He lives to make sure the union is doing the best it can to help the members. If you want a guy that knows the contract like the back of his hand and will hold management accountable for anything and everything, Redmond is your guy 👍

Yah. What do you not understand. Natca should advocate for current members. The FAAs failures should have nothing to do with Natca and Natca shouldn’t try to fix their failures with broken NCEPT. They should be advocating for free movement. NCEPT is a bandaid on a broken system. CWRG EXCEL sheet is a bandaid on a broken system. The whole system needs to be changed from the ground up.

So the FAA didn’t hire and then they collaborate that we cannot transfer? So what are we getting out of the collaboration?
They finally got the FAA to admit there is a staffing crisis and now are pushing them to increase their hiring which is the only fix for movement. If natca doesn’t try and fix their failures it will never get fixed and staffing will get worse and no light at the end of the tunnel.

They aren’t trying to fix their failures with ncept lol what are you talking about.

I know it isn’t instant satisfaction like you all want but decades of disastrous hiring by the FAA made the bed were laying in.

They finally got the FAA to admit there is a staffing crisis and now are pushing them to increase their hiring which is the only fix for movement. If natca doesn’t try and fix their failures it will never get fixed and staffing will get worse and no light at the end of the tunnel.

They aren’t trying to fix their failures with ncept lol what are you talking about.

I know it isn’t instant satisfaction like you all want but decades of disastrous hiring by the FAA made the bed were laying in.
And adjusting a spreadsheet won’t fix anything if you don’t fix the whole system. The CTI thing is a way bigger change than the stupid spreadsheet

It is until the first CTI washout under the new system says they should have gotten to go to academy at their TRB.
They can say whatever they want and the FAA will do whatever they want. I assume the initial courses at the facilities will adjust to include more academy material

This guy is my area rep currently. Honestly couldn’t think of a better person for VP. He lives to make sure the union is doing the best it can to help the members. If you want a guy that knows the contract like the back of his hand and will hold management accountable for anything and everything, Redmond is your guy 👍

can you ask him somethin for me?

what is his stance on punching members? Thanks boo

Back
Top Bottom