Mick Devine - Am I Making Promises?

The cap is law
I know it's law. It still shouldn't exist. The law needs to change, or the system needs revamping.
I actually looked into it. PL 104-264 is the FAA Reauthorization of 1996 and the relevant segment states that no employee can make more than the FAA administrator who is set at an executive 2 rate. Bump him up and the tide rises for all.
This is true, but the problem would still exist and only be kicked down the road. The executive schedule never gets locality increases, so we'd eventually catch it again in short order. In fact ATMs at large facilities would still be capped by ES 1 even right now. The entire Exec Schedule needs a massive increase and to have locality added to it to solve the problem. Or remove the cap and let the ES positions be more and more ridiculously underpaid as time goes on.

The people arguing you can’t vote for a NATCA President without “experience” are probably the same people that vote for the same corrupt, millionaire, self-serving dinosaurs in Congress year after year. And then complain about how the country is run. Maybe it’s not the same job as being a controller, but where did controllers come from? The whole “experience” argument would be like saying the only successful CPCs could be CTI graduates. The people in our career field as highly adaptable, quick to pick up on how things work, and able to make good decisions. That’s all it takes at the end of the day. Just because someone hasn’t been in the NATCA establishment for years doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be able to effectively represent the workforce.
You know what happens when get a new congressman? He ends up not knowing jackshit and signing whatever his party tells him to. And whatever he signs was probably written by a lobbyist. I'm a cynic but I'm not a dumbfuck cynic. The best attribute your congressman can have is seniority.

Meanwhile you guys are like "the NEB will teach him" and magically you think you'll get a different product. I believe in competition so I hope no one ever runs unopposed. But I don't do that emotional "he gets me" shit

I know it's law. It still shouldn't exist. The law needs to change, or the system needs revamping.

This is true, but the problem would still exist and only be kicked down the road. The executive schedule never gets locality increases, so we'd eventually catch it again in short order. In fact ATMs at large facilities would still be capped by ES 1 even right now. The entire Exec Schedule needs a massive increase and to have locality added to it to solve the problem. Or remove the cap and let the ES positions be more and more ridiculously underpaid as time goes on.
I agree. I was merely commenting on a shorter term amendment that could be easier to get going than revamping the entire executive schedule.

So how do laws change?
Hint: it’s not a union negotiating with a COO.
Laws are passed by congress and the union interacts with congress through our legislative activists and our PAC. But all you retards hate the PAC sooooo…

So how do laws change?
Laws are passed by congress and the union interacts with congress through our legislative activists and our PAC. But all you retards hate the PAC sooooo…
If the PAC was actually getting shit done for us, then we would probably feel different. The idea of having activists and lobbyists representing us and arguing for improvements in our behalf is great. But, What are they actually doing ?

If the PAC was actually getting shit done for us, then we would probably feel different. The idea of having activists and lobbyists representing us and arguing for improvements in our behalf is great. But, What are they actually doing ?
Lobbying is a marathon not a sprint. Our lobbyists are well known, have a great reputation and are very active in DC.

So how do laws change?
Not sure who you're arguing with, but it's not me. I never said anything like that and have been arguing exactly your point for a long time now.
Bottom line is as long as republicans control the house we have almost no chance of changing the cap. But at least there are now bills being introduced acknowledging the problem, so hopefully if Dems get back in power change can finally happen.

Not sure who you're arguing with, but it's not me. I never said anything like that and have been arguing exactly your point for a long time now.
Bottom line is as long as republicans control the house we have almost no chance of changing the cap. But at least there are now bills being introduced acknowledging the problem, so hopefully if Dems get back in power change can finally happen.
Yeah put more liberals in there to extrapolate inflation even more.

Yeah put more liberals in there to extrapolate inflation even more.
Then you can forget your razewen, RazeWen.

Only about 30% of recent inflation is due to gov't spending. Most of it was initially Covid supply chain issues driving prices up, and then corporate profiteering on top of that the rest. Unless, of course, all you watch is Republican propaganda. Then it's all Biden's fault.

Back
Top Bottom