Mick Devine - Am I Making Promises?

Not a fan of Mick, or any upper level establishment “leadership”, but what he’s saying here does make sense. There is zero excuse for why we didn’t try and renegotiate anything during perhaps the most union-friendly administration in the last several decades.
Mick is running with Santa. Santa is throwing Paul Ronaldo under the bus for not renegotiating the contract 3 years ago. NATCA national is continuing to pay Paul Ronaldo $240k in consulting fees.

jdatc 2024 case closed

I don’t have a problem with talking about it. It’s just that’s all he’s talked about so it’s concerning to me who isn’t at a low level facility.
I think the tops of all paybands should be the govt cap.
NATCA isn’t looking after all levels by allowing their negotiated raise to just be a payout after 17+ years , once reaching the top of the paybands. Granted that is for someone who has been stuck and not moved around.

Last edited:
NATCA isn’t looking after all levels by allowing their negotiated raise to just be a payout after 17+ years , just to make it to the top of the paybands. Granted that is for someone who has been stuck and not moved around.
Chances are Congress is going to give themselves a raise by next year so the caps will be higher. They should make it so you get to the cap of your facility in like 7 years tops.

If you were getting paid less and they calculated the bands wrong for you, you’d be bitching too.
But besides that all need a raise and who’s going to be the one to make it happen. I don’t have confidence in Santa.
I think Daniels/Devine would be very interesting!
I've met Devine in person multiple times. He is a complete douchebag and will tell you whatever you want to hear.

I hope Someone runs with JD so we can vote for an all controller ticket
Wait you're supporting someone who has worked traffic instead of a groomed and trained politician. What are the real life implications of putting a controller in front of congress?

Wait you're supporting someone who has worked traffic instead of a groomed and trained politician. What are the real life implications of putting a controller in front of congress?
I have real trouble supporting a candidate for President that frequently has to appear before Congressional committees that hasn’t even represented a local before. Could be an a good guy, know nothing about him, but it doesn’t seem like the wisest choice.

I have real trouble supporting a candidate for President that frequently has to appear before Congressional committees that hasn’t even represented a local before. Could be an a good guy, know nothing about him, but it doesn’t seem like the wisest choice.
I don’t. “We have a robust transfer system” hasn’t helped us over this last presidential term.

They have office staff and an NeB that will support and train him up on what is needed.

Chances are Congress is going to give themselves a raise by next year so the caps will be higher. They should make it so you get to the cap of your facility in like 7 years tops.
Our cap has nothing to do with congress' salary.
NATCA isn’t looking after all levels by allowing their negotiated raise to just be a payout after 17+ years , once reaching the top of the paybands. Granted that is for someone who has been stuck and not moved around.
The cap shouldn't exist. As much as some of you act like the people who are capped have no right to complain, ZNY N90 ZOA ZLA (and more I'm sure) all could be an entire facility level lower than they area and STILL be capped out. That's how bad they're getting screwed at this point, being kept from reaching the top of their own pay bands. And it's getting worse every year, reaching more people and more facilities.
I do think there should not be pay band caps. If you keep working, you keep getting 1.6 every summer, regardless. So there's a minimum new CPC salarly, and no cap.

Idk mtg is sitting on the other side of the table. Probably zero. I know where he can get 250k to get a consultant to help. Also, we are part of AFL CIO we aren’t just on our own.

I don’t. “We have a robust transfer system” hasn’t helped us over this last presidential term.

They have office staff and an NeB that will support and train him up on what is needed.
So vote out the robust transfer people.

The NEB is not supposed to train the president

Our cap has nothing to do with congress' salary.

The cap shouldn't exist. As much as some of you act like the people who are capped have no right to complain, ZNY N90 ZOA ZLA (and more I'm sure) all could be an entire facility level lower than they area and STILL be capped out. That's how bad they're getting screwed at this point, being kept from reaching the top of their own pay bands. And it's getting worse every year, reaching more people and more facilities.
I do think there should not be pay band caps. If you keep working, you keep getting 1.6 every summer, regardless. So there's a minimum new CPC salarly, and no cap.
The cap is law

I hope Someone runs with JD so we can vote for an all controller ticket
It’s a different job

So vote out the robust transfer people.

The NEB is not supposed to train the president
That’s my goal, which includes Santa. Anyone involved in Natca National not willing to help someone get their feet under them as President is a piece of shit and doesn’t have the best interest of the union or controllers at heart. But yah. It’s not their job.

The cap is law
The cap is law, you’re correct. The GS payscale is capped at the rate for level 4 of the Executive Schedule, 192k. The ATSPP (our pay scale) is capped at the rate for level 2 of the Executive schedule, 221.9k. I’m not sure where this was negotiated— the bottom of the ATSPP says this:

Note: Pay rates for FAA employees, including locality pay, are capped by law at $221,900 — the rate for level II of the Executive Schedule (P.L. 104-264 paragraph 40122 c).

Now, if we can go from being capped by level 4 to level 2, there should be room to move that cap to level 1 of the executive pay schedule, which further increases the cap to $246400, which is another 11% increase.

The people arguing you can’t vote for a NATCA President without “experience” are probably the same people that vote for the same corrupt, millionaire, self-serving dinosaurs in Congress year after year. And then complain about how the country is run. Maybe it’s not the same job as being a controller, but where did controllers come from? The whole “experience” argument would be like saying the only successful CPCs could be CTI graduates. The people in our career field as highly adaptable, quick to pick up on how things work, and able to make good decisions. That’s all it takes at the end of the day. Just because someone hasn’t been in the NATCA establishment for years doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be able to effectively represent the workforce.

The cap is law, you’re correct. The GS payscale is capped at the rate for level 4 of the Executive Schedule, 192k. The ATSPP (our pay scale) is capped at the rate for level 2 of the Executive schedule, 221.9k. I’m not sure where this was negotiated— the bottom of the ATSPP says this:

Note: Pay rates for FAA employees, including locality pay, are capped by law at $221,900 — the rate for level II of the Executive Schedule (P.L. 104-264 paragraph 40122 c).

Now, if we can go from being capped by level 4 to level 2, there should be room to move that cap to level 1 of the executive pay schedule, which further increases the cap to $246400, which is another 11% increase.

I actually looked into it. PL 104-264 is the FAA Reauthorization of 1996 and the relevant segment states that no employee can make more than the FAA administrator who is set at an executive 2 rate. Bump him up and the tide rises for all.

Back
Top Bottom