Midwest Afghanistan

AJ4240

Anyone if Midwest is still hiring for RADAR in Afghanistan? Is it a lengthy hiring process? I know it used to be quick and easy to get out there just wanted to know if it is still that way. Idea of pay would be nice as well? Thanks

What's Midwest paying over there these days? Any idea how the contract works with them?
I have a buddy doing Midwest and they aren’t suppose to say how much they make exactly. So I just asked if I’d be making at least 120k and he said yes. I can’t say which location he was at though.

A guy I know who was there over 5 years ago doing tower made like $150K I think.

IAP e-mailed me 4 days after I applied last week. Said starting pay is $130,000 for Afghan and Iraq. Buddy of mine had a leave date within a few weeks of applying. You need a Class II, Passport, and Secret clearance.

I have a buddy considering doing this for a bit. Can anyone answer some of these questions by any chance?

Is there a contract you have to sign? Or is it like at will employment?

Is the first 100k tax free?

Is it uncommon for women to work there?

Do you have to have radar experience?

I have a buddy considering doing this for a bit. Can anyone answer some of these questions by any chance?

Is the first 100k tax free?

You sign a contract, but you can leave whenever you want.

If you spend 330 days a year there, $108,000 is tax free. You can choose to withhold taxes and get it back when you file or be tax free.

There are a few women that work there, but I don’t believe work in the tower.

No. There’s approach control and tower. Approach is easy as fuck.

You sign a contract but I’ve known guys to leave whenever they want. My friend whose been doing it for almost 3 years now has told me how they structure your pay makes sure most of the money comes after you’re rated and a big lump towards the end of your contract.

Is the first 100k tax free? Idk the details but I’ve heard it’s the first 90k and you have to be X amount of days out of country to qualify.

I have an old coworker out there right now with her husband.

No, I’ve known many Tower only get picked up for one of the RAPCONs overseas.

Good money, 2 or 3 weeks of vacation, they pay for your travel, and easy ops at most locations.

If you have deployed before as a woman then I think you would be okay (you know what to expect). Most girls go with a partner or husband. If neither of these apply to you then I would stay away.

Back
Top Bottom