MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

I don't check this board often anymore so I just saw your post. I literally did the same thing (emailed 9agls) and was told there were about 70 applicants ahead of me. BUT, this was back in January or so timeframe. I've been Tier 2 for about a year or so already. RIP bro
And I was having such a good day dammit lol. Just have to settle in to the fact that I'll be waiting a long time then. I've tried applying since the June 19 bid so I've been here a while already. What's another year or so.

And I was having such a good day dammit lol. Just have to settle in to the fact that I'll be waiting a long time then. I've tried applying since the June 19 bid so I've been here a while already. What's another year or so.
Best advice I can give is literally just forget about it. Check in every month or so but live life like nothing is going to happen for 2 years at least. It sucks initially but it will save you a lot of heartache and disappointment on the back end

Well, i finally received my official tier 2 notice. Another waiting game of course again, but a step in the right direction. All i can do is wait until i'm contacted for my next steps.

early Jan, but i didn't know I was even tier 2 until i decided to ask medical on my own in early March. now that i officially got the notice i'm not sure how long after it usually takes for next steps.
I took mine the last week of FEB, asked medical MARCH and they let me know that someone in the tier 2 department would reach out and let me know. Mid APRIL is when someone from the tier 2 department contacted me.

I took mine the last week of FEB, asked medical MARCH and they let me know that someone in the tier 2 department would reach out and let me know. Mid APRIL is when someone from the tier 2 department contacted me.
yeah, you got it before me then which is interesting. who knows how long it takes from here, but usually after the official notice some people move pretty fast in timelines on this thread. But I won't count on it lol.

Well, i finally received my official tier 2 notice. Another waiting game of course again, but a step in the right direction. All i can do is wait until i'm contacted for my next steps.
Who does the "official" notification come from, SM? I think a 2 year wait is the worst case scenario.

Who reached out to you from the tier 2 department? Took mine in January and only heard I was tier 2 from a SM.

Last edited:
Who reached out to you from the tier 2 department? Took mine in January and only heard I was tier 2 from a SM.
took mine in late November, found out January from my medical POC, emailed him in March about my status where he forwarded it to SM where she told me in March to be patient. Nothing since. I have a year of college left and work in finance so I'm fine with waiting another year.

took mine in late November, found out January from my medical POC, emailed him in March about my status where he forwarded it to SM where she told me in March to be patient. Nothing since. I have a year of college left and work in finance so I'm fine with waiting another year.
Fortune in that way, yeah everyone in Tier 2 is stuck in limbo. Currently looking for a side hustle to make decent income.

Fortune in that way, yeah everyone in Tier 2 is stuck in limbo. Currently looking for a side hustle to make decent income.
that is tough considering that keeping busy is literally the best way to handle the process. I do believe we are inching closer though. you gotta treat it though like you never got it until you actually do!
too bad that i can't just go into an actual interview for this job. Lol

I applied to a prior service bid back in 2015 (Prior Tracon rating). Just got my TII clearance yesterday. hope it goes faster for you.. but don't hold your breath thinking it'll be a week or two.. I've had enough time to get my Private through Multi Engine Commercial Instrument ratings and getting ready to take my CFI check ride in a couple weeks after a few years of waiting for this thing to get cleared. Do something now and don't wait for an email from HR/Medical.. you'll regret wasting the time whether it be a couple months or a couple years.

Edit: I should clarify that I took the TII exam with the psychologist back in 2015. After calling and emailing religiously for over a year for updates and receiving "Its on the desk of the Flight surgeon", they just stopped responding to me. After 3 months of no return calls or emails, I figured I was not cleared through and they closed my file. Last August I received an Email from HR essentially saying "Are you still interested? If not we are going to close your file". What the heck, here we go. after some emailing with some new POC's, it was determined that there was a miscommunication between the DR and HR/MED area and the required stuff was sent over for review. That was on November 15,2020. Just over 7 months later I got a "TII cleared" email, and get to redo the clearances again. I am interested to see if this actually comes to fruition.

Last edited:
I was just notified that I’m tier 2 and will require further evaluation due to my MMPI results. I understand this will add some time to my FAA pre-employment which is fine but my worry is how this could affect me maintaining my class II for my current contract tower job. If anyone has any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom