MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

I was just notified that I’m tier 2 and will require further evaluation due to my MMPI results. I understand this will add some time to my FAA pre-employment which is fine but my worry is how this could affect me maintaining my class II for my current contract tower job. If anyone has any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.
This won't be what you want to hear, and you will need to find out for yourself - but from what I've read in the past the Tier II will cause issues with any current clearances. I remember reading a post about a guy that had to hire a lawyer to get his clearance back so he could fly his personal airplane a couple years ago.

This won't be what you want to hear, and you will need to find out for yourself - but from what I've read in the past the Tier II will cause issues with any current clearances. I remember reading a post about a guy that had to hire a lawyer to get his clearance back so he could fly his personal airplane a couple years ago.
I appreciate the response. This is exactly what I was afraid of. I have a couple months left until I come due again to see the flight doc so I’m just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

I appreciate the response. This is exactly what I was afraid of. I have a couple months left until I come due again to see the flight doc so I’m just trying to prepare myself for the worst.
Maybe I should clarify, I believe it depends on WHY you were put into the Tier II. Either way though, I'd be making phone calls and asking questions to find out for sure. That would be an incredible slap in the face to have issues with your current job as an ATC because some graph from an antiquated test showed you were outside "normal ranges."

Maybe I should clarify, I believe it depends on WHY you were put into the Tier II. Either way though, I'd be making phone calls and asking questions to find out for sure. That would be an incredible slap in the face to have issues with your current job as an ATC because some graph from an antiquated test showed you were outside "normal ranges."
Right that’s why I came here first to ask this question because I wanted to be careful about asking questions to the wrong people and getting answers I don’t want but this seems like something I’ll want to get ahead of so it doesn’t catch up with me down the road.

Right that’s why I came here first to ask this question because I wanted to be careful about asking questions to the wrong people and getting answers I don’t want but this seems like something I’ll want to get ahead of so it doesn’t catch up with me down the road.
Are you in natca?

I got mine this morning as well. May 2019 bid. Tier II notification back in August 2019, sent to coordination Oct 2020.
I think now that covid restrictions are being lifted across the states, things will be moving the way theyre supposed to. At least what the email said.

Congratulations to all that received your official notices. I sent an e-mail yesterday checking on mine and the response I got was that my region's flight surgeon is refusing to even look at Tier 2 applications because "due to COVID the national office is so far behind anyway."

I'll be glad when people can stop using that as an excuse for being lazy.

Congratulations to all that received your official notices. I sent an e-mail yesterday checking on mine and the response I got was that my region's flight surgeon is refusing to even look at Tier 2 applications because "due to COVID the national office is so far behind anyway."

I'll be glad when people can stop using that as an excuse for being lazy.
Where are you from? I’m in NY and hoping to not get the same response about the flight surgeon

Where are you from? I’m in NY and hoping to not get the same response about the flight surgeon
NY. If you get a different answer that's great for you and I'd recommend trying, but you know how things have been going here over the last year compared to the rest of the country so unfortunately I wouldn't get your hopes up.

NY. If you get a different answer that's great for you and I'd recommend trying, but you know how things have been going here over the last year compared to the rest of the country so unfortunately I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Its unfortunate that they are still using Covid as an excuse after vaccines are being rolled out. They need to re-open these states like CALI, NY, WA, etc... these governors are seriously ruining peoples lives just by having things locked down.

Its unfortunate that they are still using Covid as an excuse after vaccines are being rolled out. They need to re-open these states like CALI, NY, WA, etc... these governors are seriously ruining peoples lives just by having things locked down.
Believe me, I could go on for hours about the issues with this state, how I can not wait to get out of NY, and how I will happily go anywhere except CA, WA, NJ, MA or CT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom