MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

I easily saved 6 months by doing this. Just be polite in your emails.

like you had your eval 2 weeks ago?

if so, it'll be a solid 3 months before you hear anything.
Yeah and he said he’ll submit asap because hr gave me a tentative start date and said it’s N90 or nothing lol

Lol yeah but I'm talking about more precise tests looking for any percentage at all, even the slightest bit. (of course I don't know any facts about it though.)
There's a HIMS program for it but it all comes down to what the flight surgeon decides is the best course of action for that particular case (DUI/drinking). I've seen denials, 2 years sober then normal entry, and no drinking for life orders like you mentioned.

Yeah and he said he’ll submit asap because hr gave me a tentative start date and said it’s N90 or nothing lol
Good luck at N90 my guy

update 03/10/2022: just received an email from RDC stating my medical clearance is complete!

should be hearing from HR shortly. (just have to update my e-qip then i should be good to go)

TOL: 12/23/2017
. . . . . .
Tier 2 Eval: 10/23/2021
Tier 2 Cleared: 02/02/2022
Drug Test Refresh: 02/14/2022
Med Exam Refresh: 02/18/2022

update 03/10/2022: just received an email from RDC stating my medical clearance is complete!

should be hearing from HR shortly. (just have to update my e-qip then i should be good to go)

. . . . . .
Congrats man!

. . . . . .
Awesome! Love it when someone makes it through. Can you let us know when you get your list?

Two months ago I received an email saying “You are now in line for Tier 2 evaluation coordination.” And they asked me to update my address. It’s been radio silence since then.

The uncertainty, lack of communication, and complete randomness of this process is incredible.

Last edited:
Two months ago I received an email saying “You are now in line for Tier 2 evaluation coordination.” And they asked me to update my address. It’s been radio silence since then.
I'd respond to that email asking if they received your address email. It worked for me before.

The uncertainty, lack of communication, and complete randomness of this process is incredible.
Same here. I emailed for an update again about a week ago. They sent the exact same email again but I plan to keep emailing every few weeks.

As a tier 2 veteran I would also recommend making sure they got your information. Any email you send with information, ask for a receipt in the form of an email confirming they received it. Twice, I sent documents in that weren’t formatted they way they needed, or never received, and I was never told until I followed up months later and that’s when they would tell me.

As a tier 2 veteran I would also recommend making sure they got your information. Any email you send with information, ask for a receipt in the form of an email confirming they received it. Twice, I sent documents in that weren’t formatted they way they needed, or never received, and I was never told until I followed up months later and that’s when they would tell me.
Yep. I once requested a receipt twice (because I was sure the amount of time they took to respond wasn't right) , but the person wouldn't respond to me. I then went through another Tier II person to get a receipt. Took like five emails altogether, but I was moved to the next stage the day after the secondary person sent me a receipt. Don't know if it was coincidental or what I did actually helped.

Same here man, a buddy of mine also asked for an update and they just copy and pasted the same email we received in January.

Well looks like I got tier 2. Any advise for tier 2 newbie here?

Also, anyone have a POC with HQ to check on regular updates with?
I suggest you spend some time reading through this thread to get an idea of what you’re in for. It’s going to be a very long and discouraging process. You won’t get regular updates and you’ll be kept in the dark until you’re up for your tier 2 evaluation. Which could be a wait of anywhere from 6 months to 3 years. There’s no rhyme or reason for anything in this process.

Be patient. Our contacts won't have any update information for you. Expect many months. I'm currently on month 8 since being notified and I have not had my Tier 2 appt yet. After that its a couple more months.

If you are already out of the military or soon to be out (if you are military) consider going back to school. I am pursuing an HVAC certification and I am set to graduate in 4 months. Ive been waiting for 7 months so far. Might come in handy. You never know. Basically, make this an opportunity, and it'll seem a lot more optimistic (emphasis on the word "seem" lol).

If I cleared tier 2, you will clear tier 2 lol.

My background basically checks all the wrong boxes and I still cleared lol.
Can you provide more details about your background without getting too personal? Lol I just had my Tier 2 almost 3 weeks ago and I'm super stressed waiting to know if I get cleared

Back
Top Bottom