MMPI Results Timeline

How long after completing the MMPI can one usually find out if they've "passed" or got Tier-2'd?
Mine was a few years ago and not during covid but they don’t tell you if you pass it you just find out when you get cleared. Taking the MMPI like it’s some test to be passed can get you in trouble though, it’s designed to show when someone’s trying to bullshit it. If you haven’t taken it yet just keep that in mind and answer honestly. Unless you’ve thought about doing some crazy shit lol.

Mine was a few years ago and not during covid but they don’t tell you if you pass it you just find out when you get cleared. Taking the MMPI like it’s some test to be passed can get you in trouble though, it’s designed to show when someone’s trying to bullshit it. If you haven’t taken it yet just keep that in mind and answer honestly. Unless you’ve thought about doing some crazy shit lol.
I've taken it before and been fine. I'm getting back into the FAA as a prior controller. I'm neither concerned about that, nor interested in your off-topic advice.

As the question states, I'm wondering how long it takes to have results. Apparently my specific, concise question confused you.

I don’t think there is a straight answer. Perhaps 1-24 months? I think mine took about 3-5 months, don’t remember honestly.

I've taken it before and been fine. I'm getting back into the FAA as a prior controller. I'm neither concerned about that, nor interested in your off-topic advice.

As the question states, I'm wondering how long it takes to have results. Apparently my specific, concise question confused you.
You must be fun at parties. And I did answer your question. They don’t tell you if you pass it, you find out when you are cleared or not. Maybe if you focused on reading my response and not being an asshole then you would have seen that.

Michael Jackson GIF - Michael Jackson Popcorn GIFs

i too enjoy being a prick to people trying to help me

How long after completing the MMPI can one usually find out if they've "passed" or got Tier-2'd?
Initial MMPI- 02/2019
Notified tier 2- 05/2019
Tier 2 appointment set up- 03/2020
Tier 2 appointment- 05/2020
Cleared tier 2 and medical (done with everything and waiting on a date) - 05-06/2020

I turned everything in and submitted every email and set up every appointment the second I was told to, and this is how long mine took. This timeline took place during a 35 day government shutdown and covid however, so take it with a grain of salt. I’ve known people to have a longer timeline, the same kind of timeline, and a shorter one ( shortest I think was 8 months from notified to complete.)

EDIT: I misread your question. People from 2018 bid took their MMPI in Jan and Feb and started getting class dates in April.

Last edited:
After exactly 2 months, I got tired of waiting so I emailed and found out I got tier 2’d :( took another 6 months of being tiered 2’d to make it to the promised land.

I completed the whole MMPI in about 30-40 minutes, I just answered as I thought fit, didnt overthink anything and took it at face value. I was never told that I "Passed" my tier 2 but I completed it on March 3rd and 10 days later I called and found out my medical was complete and 15 days after my MMPI I got an email that all my documents cleared (Medical, Security, ETC). This was as of the start of 2020.

I'm from the 2019 bid.
MMPI 12/17
Emailed my medical POC on 12/21 about my mmpi results because the suspense was killing me
Received a response 12/23 that I cleared the mmpi and just needed to complete my medical exam to become fully cleared for my medical. So for me it was less than a week, but sounds like some people don't find out for a couple of months.

I'm from the 2019 bid.
MMPI 12/17
Emailed my medical POC on 12/21 about my mmpi results because the suspense was killing me
Received a response 12/23 that I cleared the mmpi and just needed to complete my medical exam to become fully cleared for my medical. So for me it was less than a week, but sounds like some people don't find out for a couple of months.
Sounds like if you are waiting months to get an answer, it might not be an answer you want to hear

Back
Top Bottom