MMPI TIER 2 and 1st class airmen medical

Jake62

I am mmpi tier 2 waiting around on the government. I recently believe I realized my passion is flying. Though I still would strongly consider atc. Will being MMPI tier 2 have any affect on getting another 1st class medical. I have a PPL and 179 hours or so. Would I dare say pulling out of this process to potentially protect my pilot medical etc.

TIA

I was T2’d in 2015. Ended up going Part 141 with a 1st class medical and got all my ratings in 2019. I cannot say exactly how it would look to potential employers with a T2 on the record down the road. However, I would be willing to bet that the T2 status would only be known to the agency and would not be found on a public database. Aside from that if you have already been deemed T2, the potential damage is already done.

From my personal experience between school, 2 flight physicals, checkrides and multiple ratings, my T2 status (which was eventually cleared by the agency) was never asked about once.

Edit: I wouldn’t recommend pulling out of the process if atc something you want to do. But having a back up, and something to do while you’re waiting is never a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom