N90 to PHL

Is the current (now expired) PHL bid for the up/down PHL area or some new EWR position?
It was supposed to be to work the EWR area but being that they selected people to PHL while the EWR move is in an indefinite holding pattern and may never happen, I'd wager that those selected on that bid will likely just end up working Philly traffic

I'm surprised nobody is worried about the precedent this sets. The FAA is going into a building without consulting the local union or even management, and just dropping a memo that says they're taking the area and moving it with no input or discussion for the safety/workforce problems it may cause. We're talking about a complex area in a complex facilities. That should worry people. If they can do it at n90 they can do it at our facilities too.

If the FAA pulls this off it is not a good thing for us. Sure some people might get to go to PHL, but it's going to be a clusterfuck there for a long time if this happens and I wouldn't be so happy to hitch myself to it.

For a group of people that seem so outspoken against the government mandating things and infringing on rights when it comes to vaccines, it's crazy that nobody seems to have an issue with this.
Future precedent-glass towers in centers/tracons.

From what I hear all EWR sector CPCs are being TDY'd to PHL for two years.
Heard this rumor as well. Also heard from someone working close to it that the contract was extended till at least May with rumors it'll be extended further. To my knowledge, they haven't even started actually training controllers on the EWR problems yet, its all been just the instructors running the sims. The sims and problems have been so broken they're stuck in a perpetual loop of "fix the problem and run it again till it works right."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom