N90 to PHL

Anyone capable of certifying in N90's EWR area should never under any circumstance washout in any of the other 4 areas. Only way that's possible if it's intentional. ISP is a joke, and Liberty has some volume, but very low complexity. JFK and LGA are comparable in volume and complexity (slightly lower on the latter). If you're capable of legit certifying in any of those three, you should be able to certify in the others. In my 3 decades working at N90 I never saw any internal transfers from the LGA or JFK areas to EWR washout, and vice-versa.

Knowing most of the people there, the ones staying are likely the ones that are either already eligible to retire, or very close to retiring, plus a few that have strong family ties in the area. These people have no need to try scam their way out.

The ones looking to move to PHL are the younger ones that have a long time before retirement, and are trying to escape from Long Island.

Anyone who truly believes that N90 is or was a huge scam is gonna be in for a rude awakening when they realize that the washout rates have absolutely nothing to do with the location of the EWR area. If anything, moving the EWR area to PHL is going to make it HARDER to certify, because they're going to make what was already the most complex area at N90 even more complex once it's moved away from the LGA area.
Nobody from EWR would wash out at any other sector. Who is this person who says controllers who should have made it washed and it's a scam? From what I hear only one EWR controller wants to go to PHL.

Who is this person who says controllers who should have made it washed and it's a scam?

Most of the NAS outside of N90 seems to believe we run/ran a scam here to wash people out in order to keep our overtime.

Don't think I'd want to anyway bc I'm pretty excited about NY.
What are you excited about? The taxes, the shit weather, the insane COVID restrictions, crazy politics, high cost of living, crime, or that you would be working New York City approach but not living anywhere near Manhattan, Broadway, Central Park, the baseball stadiums and everything else that allegedly makes NYC fun?

What are you excited about? The taxes, the shit weather, the insane COVID restrictions, crazy politics, high cost of living, crime, or that you would be working New York City approach but not living anywhere near Manhattan, Broadway, Central Park, the baseball stadiums and everything else that allegedly makes NYC fun?
You know they have a functioning public transportation system right. Like you could get from MSG to the facility in 40 minutes

You know they have a functioning public transportation system right. Like you could get from MSG to the facility in 40 minutes

No way you could. Only way to get to the facility via mass transit is LIRR to Westbury from Penn Station. That alone is a 46+ min trip not including getting to Penn or the Uber ride from the station to the facility. Mass transit on LI is designed to get you to and from Penn Station.

The only real con about NYC is the cost of living. All of that other stuff is nitpicks and overreactions

We haven’t had covid restrictions in years. Hell, we got rid of them before Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom