Natca ATX Conference

Only job in the world where people will cry about being offered a free trip to vegas
They do Vegas because it's cheap as fuck. So a "free trip" to somewhere cheap as fuck is not enticing at all. Find a conference center in ski country during February and it's worth it. If I'm gonna go to Vegas I'd rather pay my own way and not be tied to any work obligations.

There is no reason to do this, campaign for politicians, or any of that shit until at least 2026 when new contract negotiations (now with DeSantis) have the potential to happen.

I’m not even going to join the NATCA members only FB page. That is coming right around the corner, they already blocked anyone from commenting on the current page.
They were getting slammed with every ridiculous Facebook post. All the union fanatics are quick to throw out the “iF yOu DoNt LiKe HoW tHiNgS aRe BeInG dOnE tHeN gEt InVoLvEd” excuse, but literally any time someone tries to challenge the status quo, they are immediately silenced, belittled and shunned.

Alright. Let's all cry on pointsixtyfive instead of taking a free trip to vegas to actually talk to NATCA national in person. Yall really got it figured out
Some of us have to work. 6 days a week.

Alright. Let's all cry on pointsixtyfive instead of taking a free trip to vegas to actually talk to NATCA national in person. Yall really got it figured out
Because we all know the same 5 people that go to every scam will go to this scam. How many people do you think can get off the schedule? What would really be cool is all the natca regulars step up and say they’re going to work those days so more people can go

I spent the last 6 years talking, calling, encouraging others to do research. Last national election I backed the opposition candidate who wanted to start region wide discussions on NCEPT, fielded phone calls from people telling me that he was “just a shit stirrer” or “looking to slander Paul with untrue facts.” This candidate wanted to open the lines of communication not only among the NEB but the regions without fear of being ostracised or retaliation.

Everyone who spoke with me was against the opposition candidate repeated different lines with the same message, “we have it great right now, why rock the boat and go with someone who is against the status quo?” Years later we are stuck with handpicked succession and no end in sight much less discussion on NCEPT. So naturally you can see how what you say doesn’t even phase me?

I spent the last 6 years talking, calling, encouraging others to do research. Last national election I backed the opposition candidate who wanted to start region wide discussions on NCEPT, fielded phone calls from people telling me that he was “just a shit stirrer” or “looking to slander Paul with untrue facts.” This candidate wanted to open the lines of communication not only among the NEB but the regions without fear of being ostracised or retaliation.

Everyone who spoke with me was against the opposition candidate repeated different lines with the same message, “we have it great right now, why rock the boat and go with someone who is against the status quo?” Years later we are stuck with handpicked succession and no end in sight much less discussion on NCEPT. So naturally you can see how what you say doesn’t even phase me?
I love you.

Free trip for the select few only that keep the circus on the rails that have been for the past 3 conventions maybe. Of course staffing permitted.
Lucky for those 3 is they are already on some other detail they are allowed to convert without making a request

They do Vegas because it's cheap as fuck. So a "free trip" to somewhere cheap as fuck is not enticing at all. Find a conference center in ski country during February and it's worth it. If I'm gonna go to Vegas I'd rather pay my own way and not be tied to any work obligations.
You want them to spend 10x to do it in Aspen?

Why does it have to be aspen? It could be SLC
So are they wasting too much money or too little money? Vegas is a no brainer for everything except for the convention and NEB meetings. It’s the most responsible location. Travel, lodging and venue all cost the union less in Vegas.

So are they wasting too much money or too little money? Vegas is a no brainer for everything except for the convention and NEB meetings. It’s the most responsible location. Travel, lodging and venue all cost the union less in Vegas.
Not having a plethora of unnecessary dues-funded “conferences” all year long would be the most fiscally responsible. But it’s clear the majority of the union at and above the regional level only care about themselves and I’m sure these vacations are a blast for them.

Cus it’s a free gambling trip. I’ve been to conferences in Vegas before. Everyone is obliterated Lmao. Anyways this is about yet another conference mainly. Why wouldn’t this just be part of CFS?

Cus it’s a free gambling trip. I’ve been to conferences in Vegas before. Everyone is obliterated Lmao. Anyways this is about yet another conference mainly. Why wouldn’t this just be part of CFS?
Yeah, I went to 2 conferences in Vegas with my previous job and it was maybe 3-4 hours of “work” a day with the rest of the time spent drinking, gambling, going to shows, and eating at expensive restaurants all on the company’s dime. Think it’s pretty safe to the same thing happens with union funded conferences as does in the corporate world.

Yeah, I went to 2 conferences in Vegas with my previous job and it was maybe 3-4 hours of “work” a day with the rest of the time spent drinking, gambling, going to shows, and eating at expensive restaurants all on the company’s dime. Think it’s pretty safe to the same thing happens with union funded conferences as does in the corporate world.
Wait you've never even been to a natca conference and you're bashing them?

I’ve been to CFS a few times and the legislative class, personally the only interesting portions of CFS were the Single European Sky ATM Research talks and everything legislative appealed to me. Beyond that I found CFS to be a bit… meh.

I’ve been to CFS a few times and the legislative class, personally the only interesting portions of CFS were the Single European Sky ATM Research talks and everything legislative appealed to me. Beyond that I found CFS to be a bit… meh.
The legislative class is great, so is NiW. That's where you see the real point of the union

Back
Top Bottom