NATCA Email COVID-19

EWR traffic hasn’t let up at all yet, but they told us today that’s going to change in the next few days. TEB departures rivaled Thanksgiving for a while, but I don’t know if that was because spring break time of year or “escape from New York”
I’d bank on escape from New York and spring break mixed with just generally higher biz jet traffic since rich people don’t want to be in the cattle cars of major airlines.

EWR traffic hasn’t let up at all yet, but they told us today that’s going to change in the next few days. TEB departures rivaled Thanksgiving for a while, but I don’t know if that was because spring break time of year or “escape from New York”

We were asking airplanes how full they were yesterday and the answer was generally half or less. So passengers have been down while flights haven't. That's obviously changing shortly.

ATC Zero about to be declared at MDW. Shit just got real.

The FAA had better do something now. There shouldn’t be anyone in facilities who isn’t certified on positions at this point.

We literally knew this hours ago guys.... As soon as everyone airborne landed at MDW they were going ATC-0. The official report per a Great Lakes region email is that two tech ops employees tested positive. Everyone on shift will be tested and they are closed until the facility is deep cleaned

Yeah I bet they will be "highly encouraging" pilots to cancel in the air.

Wait 121 can't even fly VFR with pax nvm lol

Yeah I was gonna say...no way the Air Carriers will take off VFR in the middle of C90 airspace. That place must be gridlock right now. What a fucking shitshow this virus is. I am so relieved that they are taking action to protect controllers though. In a perverse way its a great development, because infections were inevitable to happen.

I wonder if they did this proactively... or their hand was forced by sick leave hits

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom