NDJH - Levels Four Through Nine

15 years to late. Lmao. Try 50 years. Get a clue!!

Really sad that new people like you —the time frame of this staffing crisis is 15 years. This has been a problem since 1967.
Yeah obviously. But the cycle repeats itself. And the cycle re-started in the mid 2000s. And now re-cycling again. Rinse and repeat.

Let them report the new CWP to congress with the higher staffing numbers. One government shut down, and the continuous administrative incompetence of HR will always bottleneck hiring at 1800 a year or less and make the new goals a phantom pipedream.
And make it even more impossible for anyone else to move

And make it even more impossible for anyone else to move
Someone brought up the re-cycle of not enough hires. Do we want to move or do we want staffing?

Everyone wants their cake and to eat it too.

It’s fine to vent online, but it gets old to hear people circle jerk these conversations

Someone brought up the re-cycle of not enough hires. Do we want to move or do we want staffing?

It’s fine to vent online, but it gets old to hear people circle jerk these conversations
Staffing is an FAA issue as they assign the work, not a NATCA issue. Being able to transfer and getting paid appropriately are controller issues that natca should work on. If you fix the controller issues then everything else will fix itself. If you try to fix the staffing issue solely then it will never get fixed.

Staffing is an FAA issue as they assign the work, not a NATCA issue. Being able to transfer and getting paid appropriately are controller issues that natca should work on. If you fix the controller issues then everything else will fix itself. If you try to fix the staffing issue solely then it will never get fixed.

This is one of the smarter posts I've read around here.

Forget about staffing. Just worry about a contract that compensates correctly for working more. Then the accountants will figure out they should hire More people.

This cannot be stressed enough. Staffing, equipment and working conditions are secondary to compensation and benefits.

Not if you change how the CWP is reported to congress.
And that is what the current leadership is almost accomplishing with the upcoming FAA reauth

How are transfer issues controller/natca issues but staffing isn’t? You can’t have one without the other.

Staffing directly affects working conditions, OT, etc. That is absolutely a natca issue along with pay.

Only way we get to move *(under current system) is to hire more and fill the lower levels so they can fill the higher levels.

Which is getting the cake and eating it too.

How are transfer issues controller/natca issues but staffing isn’t? You can’t have one without the other.

Staffing directly affects working conditions, OT, etc. That is absolutely a natca issue along with pay.
Because if there’s a published opening then any qualified controller should be able to apply for it. Period. If the FAA can’t fill a certain place then they can put out bids with bonuses and move money, 5 year temps, anything they need to. NCEPT just gives the FAA full control

Because if there’s a published opening then any qualified controller should be able to apply for it. Period. If the FAA can’t fill a certain place then they can put out bids with bonuses and move money, 5 year temps, anything they need to. NCEPT just gives the FAA full control
I’m not arguing which system is better, they both have pros and cons. There isn’t a perfect system that will make everyone happy which is besides the point.

You’ve been on here a lot claiming natca shouldn’t be focused on staffing but also complain about center controllers not being able to transfer.

Makes no sense.

I’m not arguing which system is better, they both have pros and cons. There isn’t a perfect system that will make everyone happy which is besides the point.

You’ve been on here a lot claiming natca shouldn’t be focused on staffing but also complain about center controllers not being able to transfer.

Makes no sense.
What part doesn’t make sense? Think about it a forest ranger wants to go from Yosemite to Washington DC. Do they have to go through this big exercise or can they just apply? Or even controllers applying to other agencies like DOD. If they qualify they can just apply

What part doesn’t make sense? Think about it a forest ranger wants to go from Yosemite to Washington DC. Do they have to go through this big exercise or can they just apply? Or even controllers applying to other agencies like DOD. If they qualify they can just apply
You obviously read to respond instead of read to understand.

ERRing is what gives the FAA control. It's literally employees requesting to voluntarily move with zero incentives or rights. You don't get bids to most places because the workforce decided that ERRs and good ol boy nonsense should be the preferred method of movement for most people.

ERRing is what gives the FAA control. It's literally employees requesting to voluntarily move with zero incentives or rights. You don't get bids to most places because the workforce decided that ERRs and good ol boy nonsense should be the preferred method of movement for most people.
I remember the days of bids though :/

Unless you’re raising pay for everyone it makes no sense. You will just bunch up the pay bands to the point that there is no disparity and it will make no sense to move up levels. Some localities already have levels 10-12 all hitting the congressional pay cap.

Unless a candidate is out there with a plan to actually raise pay bands beyond the cap I really can’t listen to them sound soooooo concerned certain levels. They’re vote pandering.

Staffing wise…remember that the N90/EWR to Philly move needed find staffing numbers to bring INTO Philly. They had to take those numbers from other facilities. I (very sarcastically) wonder where they took them from? (Nick Daniels fully supports the move btw)

Unless you’re raising pay for everyone it makes no sense. You will just bunch up the pay bands to the point that there is no disparity and it will make no sense to move up levels. Some localities already have levels 10-12 all hitting the congressional pay cap.

Unless a candidate is out there with a plan to actually raise pay bands beyond the cap I really can’t listen to them sound soooooo concerned certain levels. They’re vote pandering.

Staffing wise…remember that the N90/EWR to Philly move needed find staffing numbers to bring INTO Philly. They had to take those numbers from other facilities. I (very sarcastically) wonder where they took them from? (Nick Daniels fully supports the move btw)
Coming from lower paying level with no ability to move, I expect somebody smarter than me to come up with an idea. You worry about bunching at the top, sure that is an issue. But at the detriment of everyone below being stuck forever in a low pay scale? Here is an idea as an example. Raise each pay scale 10 grand. Period. The top of the pay band has a narrower gap to the max. Might call it unfair to the 12s, but a whole bunch of us down here would like even a portion of 12. I worked 550 hours of OT last year at our level 7 and didn’t even make base pay at our local 12 SCT. Not even base pay. Something has to change.

Coming from lower paying level with no ability to move, I expect somebody smarter than me to come up with an idea. You worry about bunching at the top, sure that is an issue. But at the detriment of everyone below being stuck forever in a low pay scale? Here is an idea as an example. Raise each pay scale 10 grand. Period. The top of the pay band has a narrower gap to the max. Might call it unfair to the 12s, but a whole bunch of us down here would like even a portion of 12. I worked 550 hours of OT last year at our level 7 and didn’t even make base pay at our local 12 SCT. Not even base pay. Something has to change.
I normally work about 150-180 hours a year OT (voluntarily )but last year I worked 27O hours and it smoked me. Couldn't imagine 550.

Back
Top Bottom